Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Upgrading from 4.1.12 to 4.2.3

Hi guys

Wanna upgrade, think it needs to be done. First how do I do it, and second, what data will I lose?

Thanks!

Originally posted by TenRingGuns.com View Post
    Wanna upgrade, think it needs to be done.
    You may be able to upgrade to 4.2 only, 4.2.3 does not exist.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

Originally posted by beishe8 View Post
      You may be able to upgrade to 4.2 only, 4.2.3 does not exist.
      Apologies. Meant 4.2 patch 3

Will I lose any data during the upgrade?

Comment

No, usually not. But like always: Create a backup of your database before you run the upgrade script.
        No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

Doing that now. Thanks Hartmut. So what you're saying is that all user info, posts, user pics, etc. will be preserved? How about colors and settings for styles? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by TenRingGuns.com View Post
            Doing that now. Thanks Hartmut. So what you're saying is that all user info, posts, user pics, etc. will be preserved? How about colors and settings for styles? Thanks
            Yes, all those will be preserved intact. The upgrader will simply upgrade the db structure without loosing any content. But as mentioned above, it is always best to make a full db upgrade beforehand.

About the style, I think that besides the navbar template that will need a small edit to make it compatible with vb 4.2.x they will work ok.

Comment

Thanks guys. Finally got it figured out. Pretty easy actually, I'll know next time.
              Last edited by TenRingGuns.com; Sun 23 Dec '12, 7:29pm.

Comment