Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

was trying to update to 4.2 patch and I get this how to fix this ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben5150 View Post
    Is this question for me ? Good answer thanks have a nice day

No it was for others who had responded 'in kind' to your previous post.

Leave a comment:

• Ben5150
    replied
    Not yet Sonice but i will try this weekend and let you know send me a private message if you can and thanks
    Originally posted by soniceffect View Post
    Okais :-) have you tried renaming the vbacms table that is causing you and issue and rerunning the upgrade?

Leave a comment:

• soniceffect
    replied
    Okais :-) have you tried renaming the vbacms table that is causing you and issue and rerunning the upgrade?

Leave a comment:

• Ben5150
    replied
    hey Sonice Yes I do know phpadmin if you can tell by my post i have a low number and been a member 2004 0r 2005 and never really ask for help much cause i basically can fix it on my own but this seem to be a tough one might be a easy fix too but thanks for your help if you can
    Originally posted by soniceffect View Post
    Come on Ben, still tryin to help you here if we can. As said above, do you have any experience with phpmyadmin? If so I may be able to talk you through how to fix it and get you back on with your upgrade.

Leave a comment:

• soniceffect
    replied
    Come on Ben, still tryin to help you here if we can. As said above, do you have any experience with phpmyadmin? If so I may be able to talk you through how to fix it and get you back on with your upgrade.

Leave a comment:

• Ben5150
    replied
    Originally posted by trevor hannant View Post
    enough - posts edited and removed. Deal with the issue or don't answer...

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    Enough - posts edited and removed. Deal with the issue or don't answer...

Leave a comment:

• soniceffect
    replied
    snip
    OK, so.... First of all what knowledge do you have yourself? By this I mean if you have removed vbacms and its not removed the table, are you comfortable in phpmyadmin? If so personally I would rename the table in question (renaming rather than deleting for safety) then try and run the upgrade again.
    Last edited by Zachery; Fri 21 Sep '12, 6:30am. Reason: No need for first paragraph

Leave a comment:

• Ben5150
    replied
    Trevor I m calm just didnt like what he stated thats all and I also did apologize to everyone else except him, lol i did follow on what you said but i have not did the upgrade yet so what your saying is vbs updated there table calling instead on using the table that was used before? Ill try it out and see where it goes thanks for the info..Ill let you know what happens
    Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
    First things first, calm it down...

Secondly, did you follow the points I made in my last post and do you now have the issue resolved

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    First things first, calm it down...

Secondly, did you follow the points I made in my last post and do you now have the issue resolved

Leave a comment:

• Ben5150
    replied
    I did research that was the first thing i did before i posted and most of the time i find a way to work around it without even asking, i know the rules ok isn't this what this board is for to get help and help others i wasn't whining just asking a simple question on how to fix a problem.. if you dont know the answer to the problem I ask about dont answer it ..
    thank you ..
    That what i love about this site when people ask for help they get a jerk to say some dumb thing even when its a support person some of you tends to forget if it wasnt for us buying the product you wouldnt be working.. customer service is the key here folks learn it DONT BE PUTTING DOWN PEOPLE THAT MAY NOT KNOW THE PROBLEM THEY ARE HAVING WE ALL STARTED SOME WHERE ..
    ENJOY
    Sorry to be calling out names but I hate smart asses that forgets where they come from... I wouldn't be that way if you ask me something I would try to help you the best way.

Originally posted by borbole View Post
    I will be brutally hones here. The only joke I see is your impatience and the arrogance in assuming that everyone should drop everything just to cater your needs. And 114 views might not be from users only but from guests and bots as well.

Also instead of whining about the support and such, you can do some research for yourself too. Help yourself first and then expect others to help you.
    Last edited by Zachery; Fri 21 Sep '12, 6:29am. Reason: cleaned post up

Leave a comment:

• borbole
    replied

wow over 114 views and only 1 guy respond to this thanks VB YOUR SERVICE IS GREAT what a joke...
    I will be brutally hones here. The only joke I see is your impatience and the arrogance in assuming that everyone should drop everything just to cater your needs. And 114 views might not be from users only but from guests and bots as well.

Also instead of whining about the support and such, you can do some research for yourself too. Help yourself first and then expect others to help you.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    114 views may not all be from staff. Staff have also responded pretty quickly to your posts...

If you've uninstalled vBA and the tables are still in your database then it sounds like it didn't uninstall properly. If you want to continue to use vBA, I believe they issued an update to rename their tables so that they didn't conflict with vBulletin's CMS tables - you may wish to check that on vBA's site...

Leave a comment:

• Ben5150
    replied
    hmm i did delete it and it still cause the problem the vba was gone plugin's disable etc so what you think i should ? I did try on a test site but without the vbs..everything works fine... but my database on my site has a lot info and i have members and i dont wantot restart it over again understand what i mean ?
    Originally posted by Hartmut View Post
    I dont believe that this will work. Usually, the old tables should get removed when you uninstall vBAdvanced CMPS. The old tables from CMPS do cause the conflict you have.
    - - - Updated - - -

nothing huh I guess Ill stick to vbs waste of money if i known this will give me problems I would never buy the suite
    hmm i did delete it and it still cause the problem the vba was gone plugin's disable etc so what you think i should ? I did try on a test site but without the vbs..everything works fine... but my database on my site has a lot info and i have members and i dont wantot restart it over again understand what i mean ?
    - - - Updated - - -

wow over 114 views and only 1 guy respond to this thanks VB YOUR SERVICE IS GREAT what a joke...

Leave a comment:

• Hartmut
    replied
    I dont believe that this will work. Usually, the old tables should get removed when you uninstall vBAdvanced CMPS. The old tables from CMPS do cause the conflict you have.

Leave a comment: