Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mindstream
    replied
    Sorry i mean before you had announcement about new version but now all i see is 5.0 when i do a search. I was looking for the 4.2 announcement but i found it in a email i missed, thanks

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    This is vBulletin 4.2 here, you can see the things here or if you have access run 4.2 yourself. Your best off asking your questions in the correct forum.

Leave a comment:

• mindstream
    replied
    Where is the new version 4.2 thread?

I find it very hard to find the new version Thread for 4.2 every time i search i just get lots of answer about 5.0, i want thread where i can see all the new things in 4.2

Leave a comment:

• Aakif N.
    replied
    Originally posted by BoxerPrimer View Post
    Hi,

I'm currently on VB 4.1.10 and considering upgrading to 4.2. It costs me about $ 20 to upgrade (my host upgrades it for me) my forum version, is it worth it ? Also will 4.2 be the final version before VB 5 is launched or will I implement a May 2012 upgrade only to have a new release the week after ?

Thanks in advance,
    As Zachery said before me, vBulletin 4 will be supported for a while even after vBulletin 5. When compared to vBulletin 4.1.10, vBulletin 4.2 is much more reliable and comes with quite a few new additions and feature enhancements such as the Navigation Manager.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    The current plan is another year of support/development in the 4.x line.

Leave a comment:

• Big Dan
    replied
    We're probably going to see 4.3 at some point the future. I'm pretty sure I seen one of the developers mention it.

4.2 is nice and stable a lot better than 4.1 in book. I'd upgrade either way.

Leave a comment:

• BoxerPrimer
    started a topic [Forum] VB 4.2 final version before VB 5 ?

VB 4.2 final version before VB 5 ?

Hi,

I'm currently on VB 4.1.10 and considering upgrading to 4.2. It costs me about $ 20 to upgrade (my host upgrades it for me) my forum version, is it worth it ? Also will 4.2 be the final version before VB 5 is launched or will I implement a May 2012 upgrade only to have a new release the week after ?

Thanks in advance,