Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Suite] FTP question before I upload

Using file zilla

I'm about to upload vB to my host (bluehost) with amendments to the config.php file. I have created an ftp account and firezilla ready and connected to that account.

In the walk throughs and demos I have watched they ask you to transfer the files into the public_html folder shown on the "remote site" side of the firezilla panel.
    I don't have this folder shown on the remote site directory tree, do I go ahead and load the "vb upload folder" into the queue?
    Further more should I open the "vb upload folder" and transfer the contents or transfer the folder in it's entirety into the queue? I have provided an image of what filezilla shows me below.

Included are details of my ftp account if they help?

BTW adding /public_html to the default remote directory box in the advance settings of the filezilla site manager does not change the image shown below.

A long winded question but I prefer to clear as this is all new to me.

regards
    paintpig

The Remote Site shows "/" which is actually /home3/theod/public_html/ so all you have to do is create a forums folder and ftp your vB files into that.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
      The Remote Site shows "/" which is actually /home3/theod/public_html/ so all you have to do is create a forums folder and ftp your vB files into that.
      Thank you for your reply Andy, next question where and how do I do this? I have to make it clear I have no experience in this at all, sorry to be a nuisance ol'boy.
      Is this something I do from the cPanel?

cpanel>file manager> then click on home>public_html then click on "new folder" and name it "forums"

Is it advisable to open the "vb upload" folder and transfer the files or simply transfer the complete "vb upload folder" ?

regards
      dave
      Last edited by paintpig; Thu 30 Aug '12, 7:27am.

Comment

I assume you would create a folder on your server using Filezilla. Sorry I can't give you specific instructions because I use Dreamweaver for this.

You need to do this:

1) Unzip the vbulletin software into the local folder
        2) Rename "Upload" folder to "forums" and delete "Do not upload" folder
        3) FTP forums folder to the server

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X