Forum is Completely Blank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum is Completely Blank

We tried updating to 4.2 which didn't work so we went a version back to 4.1.2 Patch 2 and still broken.

Our forum is completely blank - every URL. Each page source is almost empty.

http://www.wfsu.net/vb/forum.php

http://www.wfsu.net/vb/forumdisplay....ral-Discussion

Here is the source of each page.
    HTML Code:
    <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: FORUMHOME -->
    <!-- END TEMPLATE: FORUMHOME
    Below is our server specs based on adminCP.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	8-24-2012 11-56-51 AM.png
Views:	1
Size:	11.3 KB
ID:	3724442

How did you "go back" to 4.1.2?

Comment

hope you took a database backup
      Simple Straight Forward EU cPanel vBulletin Web Hosting Provider.

Comment

Originally posted by Fly View Post
        How did you "go back" to 4.1.2?
        Unfortunately I am not the one performing this update since I am on my phone and my other admin is doing it.

He told me he just copied the files from 4.1.2 onto the server after 4.2 didn't work.

Originally posted by WEBDosser View Post
        hope you took a database backup
        Uh oh - could it all be gone?

Comment

Database might still be ok, don't panic just yet... The thing is, you can't use old files on upgraded forum database... use matching files and sort the issues after you replace the files
          To be or not to be... Where the hell is the question????
          My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too

Live vBulletin 4.2.0 Multilingual * Alpha/Beta vB 4 - vB 5 Tier 1A
          CentOS 6.2 - Apache:2.2.15(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.3 - MySQL:5.1.61
          Xampp/Win-XP - Apache v2.2.21(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.8 - MySQL:5.5.16

Comment

Originally posted by mattdonders View Post
            Unfortunately I am not the one performing this update since I am on my phone and my other admin is doing it.

He told me he just copied the files from 4.1.2 onto the server after 4.2 didn't work.
            That certainly won't work unless you have a database backup as well (and I certainly hope you do). If you don't have a database backup, you'll need to reup the 4.2 files and fix whatever the problem is.

Rule 1 of upgrades: Always have a DB backup.

Comment

Originally posted by Merjawy View Post
              Database might still be ok, don't panic just yet... The thing is, you can't use old files on upgraded forum database... use matching files and sort the issues after you replace the files
              Well the problem started when we tried to update to 4.2.0 - this is the error we received. It was during the template update portion. I checked the FAQ up top and tried both solutions, but neither of them worked.

HTML Code:
              <div style="display:none"><b></b></div><?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>
              <upgrade>
              <html><![CDATA[<div style="padding:5px">Select the length of time in days that you would like the activity stream to store in history. Large histories may affect site performance. 0 - 180 days.</div><div style="padding:5px"><input type="text" name="htmldata[expire]" size="5" value="30" tabindex="1" /></div><div style="padding:5px">Please select the content types that are to be included in the Activity Stream. These options can also be modified after the upgrade.</div><ul style="list-style:none"><li><label for="album_album"><input type="checkbox" value="1" tabindex="1" name="htmldata[album_album]" id="album_album" checked="checked" />Albums</label></li><li><label for="album_photo"><input type="checkbox" value="1" tabindex="1" name="htmldata[album_photo]" id="album_photo" checked="checked" />Album Photos</label></li><li><label for="album_comment"><input type="checkbox" value="1" tabindex="1" name="htmldata[album_comment]" id="album_comment" checked="checked" />Album Photo Comments</label></li><li><label for="forum_thread"><input type="checkbox" value="1" tabindex="1" name="htmldata[forum_thread]" id="forum_thread" checked="checked" />Forum Threads</label></li><li><label for="forum_post"><input type="checkbox" value="1" tabindex="1" name="htmldata[forum_post]" id="forum_post" checked="checked" />Forum Posts</label></li><li><label for="forum_visitormessage"><input type="checkbox" value="1" tabindex="1" name="htmldata[forum_visitormessage]" id="forum_visitormessage" checked="checked" />Visitor Messages</label></li><li><label for="socialgroup_group"><input type="checkbox" value="1" tabindex="1" name="htmldata[socialgroup_group]" id="socialgroup_group" checked="checked" />Groups</label></li><li><label for="socialgroup_discussion"><input type="checkbox" value="1" tabindex="1" name="htmldata[socialgroup_discussion]" id="socialgroup_discussion" checked="checked" />Group Discussions</label></li><li><label for="socialgroup_groupmessage"><input type="checkbox" value="1" tabindex="1" name="htmldata[socialgroup_groupmessage]" id="socialgroup_groupmessage" checked="checked" />Group Messages</label></li><li><label for="socialgroup_photo"><input type="checkbox" value="1" tabindex="1" name="htmldata[socialgroup_photo]" id="socialgroup_photo" checked="checked" />Group Photos</label></li><li><label for="socialgroup_photocomment"><input type="checkbox" value="1" tabindex="1" name="htmldata[socialgroup_photocomment]" id="socialgroup_photocomment" checked="checked" />Group Photo Comments</label></li><li><label for="calendar_event"><input type="checkbox" value="1" tabindex="1" name="htmldata[calendar_event]" id="calendar_event" checked="checked" />Calendar Event</label></li></ul>]]></html>
              <height>40px</height>
              <hidecancel>1</hidecancel>
              <status>Status: Processing 4.2.0 Alpha 1, Step 21 of 22</status>
              <longversion>4.2.0 Alpha 1</longversion>
              <version>420a1</version>
              <nextstep>21</nextstep>
              <upgradenotice><![CDATA[<strong>Upgrading to 4.2.0 Alpha 1</strong>]]></upgradenotice>
              </upgrade>
              - - - Updated - - -

That certainly won't work unless you have a database backup as well (and I certainly hope you do). If you don't have a database backup, you'll need to reup the 4.2 files and fix whatever the problem is.

Rule 1 of upgrades: Always have a DB backup.
              Unfortunately I don't know the last database backup taken - so we may be in trouble here.

Thanks for all the help so far though - its very much appreciated.

Comment

Upload the files for the upgrade you just did, which is 4.2.0 and try the run upgrade script again, if you get that error again, Login to AdminCP, most likely you will be able to and revert your styles. Then run upgrade.php again

- - - Updated - - -

PS: do not upload install.php file. You don't need it for upgrade
                To be or not to be... Where the hell is the question????
                My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too

Live vBulletin 4.2.0 Multilingual * Alpha/Beta vB 4 - vB 5 Tier 1A
                CentOS 6.2 - Apache:2.2.15(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.3 - MySQL:5.1.61
                Xampp/Win-XP - Apache v2.2.21(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.8 - MySQL:5.5.16

Comment

4.2.0 files uploaded - tried to upgrade, get same error. Quoted again below.

I have reset all templates as well.

<div style="display:none"><b></b>
                  </div><?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?><upgrade> <html><![CDATA[<div style="padding:5px">Select the length of time in days that you would like the activity stream to store in history. Large histories may affect site performance. 0 - 180 days.</div><div style="padding:5px"><input type="text" name="htmldata[expire]" size="5" value="30" tabindex="1" /></div><div style="padding:5px">Please select the content types that are to be included in the Activity Stream. These options can also be modified after the upgrade.</div><ul style="list-style:none"><li><label for="album_album"><input type="checkbox" value="1" tabindex="1" name="htmldata[album_album]" id="album_album" checked="checked" />Albums</label></li><li><label for="album_photo"><input type="checkbox" value="1" tabindex="1" name="htmldata[album_photo]" id="album_photo" checked="checked" />Album Photos</label></li><li><label for="album_comment"><input type="checkbox" value="1" tabindex="1" name="htmldata[album_comment]" id="album_comment" checked="checked" />Album Photo Comments</label></li><li><label for="forum_thread"><input type="checkbox" value="1" tabindex="1" name="htmldata[forum_thread]" id="forum_thread" checked="checked" />Forum Threads</label></li><li><label for="forum_post"><input type="checkbox" value="1" tabindex="1" name="htmldata[forum_post]" id="forum_post" checked="checked" />Forum Posts</label></li><li><label for="forum_visitormessage"><input type="checkbox" value="1" tabindex="1" name="htmldata[forum_visitormessage]" id="forum_visitormessage" checked="checked" />Visitor Messages</label></li><li><label for="socialgroup_group"><input type="checkbox" value="1" tabindex="1" name="htmldata[socialgroup_group]" id="socialgroup_group" checked="checked" />Groups</label></li><li><label for="socialgroup_discussion"><input type="checkbox" value="1" tabindex="1" name="htmldata[socialgroup_discussion]" id="socialgroup_discussion" checked="checked" />Group Discussions</label></li><li><label for="socialgroup_groupmessage"><input type="checkbox" value="1" tabindex="1" name="htmldata[socialgroup_groupmessage]" id="socialgroup_groupmessage" checked="checked" />Group Messages</label></li><li><label for="socialgroup_photo"><input type="checkbox" value="1" tabindex="1" name="htmldata[socialgroup_photo]" id="socialgroup_photo" checked="checked" />Group Photos</label></li><li><label for="socialgroup_photocomment"><input type="checkbox" value="1" tabindex="1" name="htmldata[socialgroup_photocomment]" id="socialgroup_photocomment" checked="checked" />Group Photo Comments</label></li><li><label for="calendar_event"><input type="checkbox" value="1" tabindex="1" name="htmldata[calendar_event]" id="calendar_event" checked="checked" />Calendar Event</label></li></ul>]]></html> <height>40px</height> <hidecancel>1</hidecancel> <status>Status: Processing 4.2.0 Alpha 1, Step 21 of 22</status> <longversion>4.2.0 Alpha 1</longversion> <version>420a1</version> <nextstep>21</nextstep> <upgradenotice><![CDATA[<strong>Upgrading to 4.2.0 Alpha 1</strong>]]></upgradenotice> </upgrade>

Comment

Have you tried solution #2?

Comment

Have you tried solution #2?
                      Yes, tried both.

It was actually a bad config file - my friend recreated it and we are now running 4.2.0, but the forum is still not completely loading. Any idea what might be causing this? Screenshot below...

- - - Updated - - -

Bad plugin - disabled Plugin/Hook system and back up and running.

Thanks for all help!
                      Attached Files

Comment