No announcement yet.

Problem upgrading from 4.1.1 to 4.2 -- aborted on step 1

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Suite] Problem upgrading from 4.1.1 to 4.2 -- aborted on step 1

    I downloaded the latest vB Publishing Suite (4.2.0 patch level 2). After uploading all the files to my server (overwriting, as specified in the vBulletin manual), I went to install/upgrade.php. The window title is now "vBulletin 4.1.1 upgrade system." That seems strange, since I'm upgrading to 4.2.0. And the first dialog says "Upgrading to 4.1.1. Press the button below to run the Blog Upgrade step." I click the button, and I'm told:

    "An error has occurred. Please contact vBulletin Support for assistance.
    Module: vbblog, Step 1 Error.
    The following dependencies were not met: This product is not compatible with version 4.1.1 of vBulletin. (Compatible starting with 4.2.0 / Incompatible with 4.3.0 Alpha 1 and greater)"

    What the heck is going on?

    In the meantime, my forum is down. Even Admin can't access.

    (BTW, I just checked the install/upgrade.php file currently on the server. It says 4.2.0, with my license #.)
    Last edited by splashman; Thu 28 Jun '12, 1:28am.

  • #2
    Are you upgrading a version of VB you previously installed?

    I've seen this error when trying to upgrade a VB 4.x Suite with a VB 4.x forum-only package. Even though the Blogs and CMS was uninstalled first the error happens until the Blog and CMS xml files are deleted from the includes/xml/ directory.

    My guess is you are either trying to install a VB4 Forum Only package over the suite OR you never uploaded the files to the includes/xml/ directory- and if you didn't replace the includes/xml/ files likely a lot of files did not upload to the correct location.

    Have you ever done a VB upgrade before? (Uploading the files I mean.)


    • #3
      Yes, as I mentioned, I'm upgrading a previous installation (4.1.1 to 4.2.0). Doesn't "upgrade" imply a previous installation?

      And as I mentioned, I downloaded the full Suite, and uploaded the entire "upload" directory (after renaming, of course). I can see blog-related files in the local directory as well as on the server.

      Yes, I've done three previous upgrades. Never had this problem.


      • #4
        My first question I should have put more emphasis on "YOU" meaning were you the last person who ran the last upgrade.

        In any case I see a support ticket in progress with another staff member. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.


        • #5
          Yes, it has been resolved. Thanks!


          • #6
            You're welcome.

            Here is how to change the default page:


            Related Topics