No announcement yet.

Moving Forum - Need help please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Suite] Moving Forum - Need help please!

Hi Folks,

Due to our current hosts letting us down big time, we're moving to new hosts and a new server.

We've followed the instructions set out in the manual, to the best of my knowledge, but are getting the following error when trying to load the site with the migrated database:

I must point out, I'm a novice at VB so really appreciate any help/pointers as to why the migration has failed!

Cheers,
    Martyn

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/includes/class_bootstrap.php(429) : eval()'d code on line 27

Warning: require_once([path]/includes/garage_plugin_func.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [path]/includes/class_bootstrap.php(558) : eval()'d code on line 34

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/cnodas/public_html/fiat/upload/includes/garage_plugin_func.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/cnodas/public_html/fiat/upload/includes/class_bootstrap.php(558) : eval()'d code on line 34

www.fiat-scotland.com > making use of Vbulletin since 2008

The error is because of a custom plugin. Make sure you have transfered all of them over

Comment

Originally posted by TheNewOne View Post
      The error is because of a custom plugin. Make sure you have transfered all of them over
      Ah...so time for a clean install on the new server and try again?

Is there a way to disable the plugins for migrating, so that this can be prevented?
      Cheers,
      Martyn

Comment

never done that so cant help I am sure someone can answer it

Comment

I'm hoping so..don't want to be losing nearly 80,000 posts due to issues with our hosts

Comment

Anybody?

I'm not sure if the garage plugin is still available/free to download. Surely there's a way to bypass this on the install???

Comment

You can disable plugins globally editing config.php and add this line right under <?php:

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);
              Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
              -
              *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
              - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
              - Highlight the correct navigation tab when you are on a custom page
              - "Quick Route" Interface...
              - Allow to use custom icons for individual forums

Comment

If the forum was working ok in the old server than I take it that you still have the files of that custom mod. You should upload everything to the new server. Meaning all the files added by third party party mods besides the forum folder.

Anyway, disabling the plug in system should make that error go away but that would render your plug in system unusable. Try to remove all traces of that mod from the database as well and see if that would help.

Comment

Ok thanks.

I did move all the files from the old server over, but it still seemed problematic.

I've just re-installed config with a clean install of VB4 and it at least displays on the new server, although logging in forces folk to the old server and I can't seem to get into the Cpanel.

So yes, back to square one. I really have no idea what to do atm

Comment

Just the clarify, as best I can tell I've followed the guide for moving servers to a tee.

I've tried copying the old forum files across and running the installer with relevant details for the database - that doesn't work.

Disabling plugins as above - doesnt work.

Every time I connect the database, VB tries to connect to my existing site/server. I also cannot get into the admin panel on the forum.

I'm probably doing something incredibly basic wrong - and would really appreciate any other help/advice to get this fixed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X