Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Regan
    replied
    It took me about 16 hours. In case you didn't know, you can refresh the upgrade page if it's taking forever.

With a forum your size, however, I would most certainly recommend that you upgrade via shell (https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/upgrade_cli).

Let me know how it goes.

Leave a comment:

• juanpablo
    replied
    how long it took you to do the migration? I have the version 3.8.7 and I want to upgrade to the latest version 4 and my forum is:

Topics: 115.232, Posts: 3,047,705, Members: 59.783

Try to migrate and I spend the same as you, after waiting on step 104 for 12 hours, cancel the migration.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    It still builds an index for empty items, if they're still in the DB, its not a big deal.

There isn't a real good reason to rebuild the post cache. It'll rebuild itself naturally overtime.

Leave a comment:

• John Regan
    replied
    I do have an additional question. I believe it's wiser that I ask this question here, as opposed to starting a new thread, as the information above is potentially pertinent.

I spent two days removing about 1,000,000 spam posts from the forum after I performed the upgrade. Now, there are about 20,000 posts. However, whenever I try to rebuild the post cache or rebuild search index, the page keeps refreshing from the javascript redirect roughly 3x per second. The "rebuild search index" ran up to post #800,000 (which doesn't exist) before I terminated it, and the "rebuild cache" kept auto refreshing for several minutes before I terminated it as well. What can cause that? Can any of the issues I ran into above have caused that? Thank you,

John

Leave a comment:

• John Regan
    replied
    And naturally, after running those counters, the situation resolved itself. Thanks! I'm curious--did that phpMyAdmin screenshot look correct for a vB 4 installation? I'm only wary because of how the installer was taking forever to add those new indices.

Leave a comment:

• John Regan
    replied
    I'm sorry--I actually neglected to run those counters. I'm running the thread information one right now, and despite the fact that there are only 390,000 threads in the forum, the utilityis up to more than 1 million threads, and still counting.
    Last edited by John Regan; Sun 29th Jan '12, 1:59pm.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    So you rebuilt the thread counters, and forum counters?

Leave a comment:

• John Regan
    replied
    Originally posted by Zachery View Post
    Did you do all of the rebuild counters after the upgrade?
    Yes. This is what the post table looks like in phpMyAdmin:
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Did you do all of the rebuild counters after the upgrade?

Leave a comment:

• John Regan
    replied
    I'm pretty sure something went horribly wrong, because there are no more links to the members who made the last post on the main forum page, and when you click the link to a member, you get a link like this: http://www.imdforum.com/member.php?0-admin. Upon clicking that link, you get this error message:
    This user has not registered and therefore does not have a profile to view.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    It doesn't matter how its done, and you didn't do anything wrong by refreshing. ARe you sure the indecies are not there?

You can manually re-add the indecies yourself.

Leave a comment:

• Upgrading from 3.8.x to 4.1.10. Installation hanging on step 104/109

I have been upgrading a forum from 3.8.x to 4.1.10. The forum is quite large, with nearly half a million posts. I didn't realize that I should have performed this upgrade over SSH, so I began the upgrade in my browser. After waiting on step 104 for eight hours, I refreshed my browser (as the vBulletin developers recommended in several support requests that I've seen in this forum). All that did was change the step from 104 to 105. After waiting twelve hours, I refreshed again, and the step changed to 106. I checked in phpMyAdmin to see if those new indices were installed to the post table; they weren't. So I'm not sure if I just did something very bad by refreshing.

Anyhow, can anyone advise me as to what I should do? Thanks for your time.

John