Error about MD5s when upgrading to 4.1.9 Patch 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Error about MD5s when upgrading to 4.1.9 Patch 1

I had 4.1.5 Patch 1. Just downloaded 4.1.9 Patch 1 and uploaded. When I run upgrade.php I get

The version of includes/md5_sums_vbulletin.php is '4.1.9 Patch Level 1' which does not match the upgrade version of '4.1.9'. Have all of the '4.1.9' files been uploaded?
    It seems to think I'm trying to upgrade to only 4.1.9 (no patch), seeing conflicting version numbers somewhere?

Originally posted by JeremyAM View Post
    I had 4.1.5 Patch 1. Just downloaded 4.1.9 Patch 1 and uploaded. When I run upgrade.php I get

It seems to think I'm trying to upgrade to only 4.1.9 (no patch), seeing conflicting version numbers somewhere?
    I'm currently using version 4.1.9 and can't upgrade to 4.1.9 PL1 too, same error.

The version of includes/md5_sums_vbulletin.php is '4.1.9 Patch Level 1' which does not match the upgrade version of '4.1.9'. Have all of the '4.1.9' files been uploaded?

Comment

I am receiving the same error on a fresh install. I wiped the "public" directory clean on my webserver and uploaded the contents of vBulletin "upload" directory. Uploaded my config file and went to http://example.org/install/install.php. Logged in with my user id, and then the error pops up.

I also find it somewhat entertaining that it says "Due to the following errors, the install/upgrade can not continue" right above the "Ignore and Continue" button.

Comment

The upgrade process is the same as previous patch level releases - simply download the patch from the Members Area, extract the files and upload to your web server, overwriting the existing files. There is no upgrade script required.

It seems that you don't have to run the upgrade script.I am 4.1.9 and everything came thru but my global.php in modcp shows as this
        global.css File does not contain expected contents

Last edited by J BO$$; Wed 11th Jan '12, 12:52am.

Comment

If you're on 4.1.9 and are applying the patch, as above you do not need to run the upgrade script (you should only be downloading the patch, not the full package - it's far easier and quicker!)

If you are on a version previous to 4.1.9, you need to download the full version and run the upgrade script.

You should also be able to ignore that message from the original post and proceed.

global.css - this wasn't changed in the patch file, only:

- blog_post.php
          - includes/version_vbulletin.php

Is this being reported from the cpstyles directory?
          Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
          -
          *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
          - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
          - Highlight the correct navigation tab when you are on a custom page
          - "Quick Route" Interface...
          - Allow to use custom icons for individual forums

Comment

Hi Trevor,

Thanks for posting in this thread. In my situation, I am doing a fresh install. I no longer have the option of downloading 4.1.9 (without patch) from the members area. I still receive the error on a brand new server, brand new vBulletin 4.x publishing suite download, and brand new install.

If I understand you correctly, vBulletin's stance on this issue is "You should also be able to ignore that message from the original post and proceed." So I should just click the "ignore and continue" button and carry on about my life?

Thanks

Comment

You can ignore it, please do

Comment

If you are on a version previous to 4.1.9, you need to download the full version and run the upgrade script.

You should also be able to ignore that message from the original post and proceed.

Hmm, so which is it?
                Being on 4.1.5 was I supposed to install 4.1.9 first and then upload PL1? I've already uploaded the PL1 files so can I just ignore and continue? My forum is closed while I'm waiting to resolve this.
                Last edited by JeremyAM; Wed 11th Jan '12, 1:22pm.

Comment

Originally posted by JeremyAM View Post
                  Hmm, so which is it?
                  Being on 4.1.5 was I supposed to install 4.1.9 first and then upload PL1? I've already uploaded the PL1 files so can I just ignore and continue? My forum is closed while I'm waiting to resolve this.
                  I believe what he is saying is,If you are below 4.1.9 to treat this like any upgrade to a new version and run the update script.If you are already 4.1.9 you should just be able to upload the 2 patch "fixed" files
                  - blog_post.php
                  - includes/version_vbulletin.php
                  and go about your business.

JeremyAM,,,You should be good to go assuming you uploaded ALL the files except "install/ install.php" and conifig.php
                  As for the config file,I edited the new config file and did a overwrite.
                  Last edited by J BO$$; Wed 11th Jan '12, 2:50pm.

Comment

I went ahead and just clicked Ignore and there were some errors at the end of the upgrade process:

• Step 5 - Verifying Product Dependencies
                    • Verifying Product: skimlinks
                    • Merge template changes
                    • Conflict when merging template: footer (style: 5)
                    • Conflict when merging template: FORUMDISPLAY (style: 5)
                    • Conflict when merging template: FORUMHOME (style: 5)
                    • Conflict when merging template: forumhome_forumbit_level1_nopost (style: 5)
                    • Merged template successfully: header (style: 5)
                    • Conflict when merging template: navbar (style: 5)
                    • Merged template successfully: postbit_legacy (style: 5)
                    • Conflict when merging template: SHOWTHREAD (style: 5)
                    • Conflict when merging template: footer (style: 6)
                    • Conflict when merging template: FORUMDISPLAY (style: 6)
                    • Step 6 - Merge template changes
                    • Conflict when merging template: FORUMHOME (style: 6)
                    • Conflict when merging template: forumhome_forumbit_level1_nopost (style: 6)
                    • Merged template successfully: header (style: 6)
                    • Conflict when merging template: navbar (style: 6)
                    • Merged template successfully: postbit_legacy (style: 6)
                    • Conflict when merging template: SHOWTHREAD (style: 6)

Comment

Those are normal and not really errors, more like messages. You'll need to compare your customizations to those templates to the default and merge any changes over manually. The system will show you what the changes are if you click the link shown on your AdminCP home page.
                      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                        Those are normal and not really errors, more like messages.
                        Wayne,Maybe they could change it to say" notaerror" lol

Comment

Originally posted by J BO$$ View Post
                          Wayne,Maybe they could change it to say" notaerror" lol
                          The message I am referring to doesn't say anything about being an error it says something like:

Conflict when merging template: SHOWTHREAD (style: 6)

If a true error occurs, we don't provide continue buttons or just keep running the upgrade script. That could be very bad.
                          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                            The message I am referring to doesn't say anything about being an error it says something like:

Conflict when merging template: SHOWTHREAD (style: 6)

If a true error occurs, we don't provide continue buttons or just keep running the upgrade script. That could be very bad.
                            I know Wayne,lol,I was saying that "conflict" sounds bad also

Comment

Oh I see what it's referring to now. It's just with a theme that I had bought and installed. I assume the default style never has those issues unless you've edited files.

Comment