Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Issue Installing via Godaddy

Hi all,
    I purchased my very first license yesterday and am having an issue upon attempting to install just now.
    I edited all my information according to the Manual instructions and receive this error upon trying to complete the installation.

Due to the following errors, the install/upgrade can not continue:
    • The database has failed to connect because you do not have permission to connect to the server. Please confirm the values entered in the includes/config.php file

Error description: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '[IMG]fffffffff/forums/install/install.php[/IMG]/var[IMG]ffffffffff/forums/install/install.php[/IMG]/lib[IMG]fffffffff/forums/install/install.php[/IMG]/mysql[IMG]ffffffff/forums/install/install.php[/IMG]/mysql.sock' (2) [IMG]ffffffff/forums/install/install.php[/IMG]/home[IMG]ffffffffff/forums/install/install.php[/IMG]/content[IMG]ffffffff/forums/install/install.php[/IMG]/35[IMG]ffffffff/forums/install/install.php[/IMG]/8743835[IMG]fffffffff/forums/install/install.php[/IMG]/html/forums[IMG]ffffffff/forums/install/install.php[/IMG]/includes/class_core.php on line 314
    What could be causing this?

I got it figured out.
    I tried going through the Config file numerous time to find a mistake but I couldn't spot anything.
    Downloaded a new one and edited it and it works now.
    I must have put a space or done something wrong with the first one that I couldn't catch.
    Sorry about the post.

Comment

how do you upload to godaddy? can you help me

Comment

FTP software or via cPanel - any issues with uploading or having access to upload really needs to be referred to godaddy
        Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
        -
        *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
        - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

use filezilla

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X