Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] errors before upgrading from 4.1.7 to 4.1.9

Hi everyone,

Right now I'm upgrading my Vbulletin version from 4.1.7 to 4.1.9 I finished transferring the files but when I attempted to confirm the updrading
    this page showed I have errors during the transferring the files I want to know if these will affect on the website, because I see it gives me ignore and continue !!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	1
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	3722416
    Is these errors came because the transferring the files?
    Shall I continue and ignore the errors?
    Any comments.
    Last edited by Luffy-9; Thu 22 Dec '11, 3:48am.

I would try re-downloading the ZIP file from the Members Area and re-upload all files (except install/install.php and includes/config.php.new) making sure you overwrite all files currently on your server then re-runt he upgrade script.

Does this resolve the problem?
    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -
    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
    - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

The same errors occurred after transferring the files and starting the upgrade

Comment

One of the more common reasons this may happen is if you are uploading the new files to the wrong directory. I've seen people upload files to their /forums/ directory when their forum was actually in the root directory, or vice-versa. Confirm you have uploaded the files to the correct path.

If you can give a link to your forum we can confirm which is the correct location.

Comment

No, he's correct. I tried doing a fresh install and I received the same thing. I copied all the files as they existed in the 4.1.9 build and that's the error I'm getting each time as well.
          My law forum, lawyers and legal help site

Comment

Maybe there is a mis-match between the name of the real admincp directory and the name specified in the config.php file for the admincp directory (and possibly modcp as well).I would verify the directory names in config.php match the actual/uploaded directory names.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdOPrey5 View Post
              Maybe there is a mis-match between the name of the real admincp directory and the name specified in the config.php file for the admincp directory (and possibly modcp as well).I would verify the directory names in config.php match the actual/uploaded directory names.
              BOP - thanks. I can login to the admincp and that works perfectly. It's the front end I can't get working in any browser on my machine, even after clearing the cache, cookies and everything else.

Comment

Originally posted by slinky View Post
                No, he's correct. I tried doing a fresh install and I received the same thing. I copied all the files as they existed in the 4.1.9 build and that's the error I'm getting each time as well.
                No, you did not get the same thing. Just because its the same area, doesnt make it the same problem.

This issue here is that the installer is looking for the uploaded 4.1.9 files and finding 4.1.7 files, this means they either didnt upload them correctly, or possibly something like xcache is running and the web server isnt seeing the updated files until the cache is cleared.
                Baby, I was born this way

Comment

Originally posted by Paul M View Post
                  No, you did not get the same thing. Just because its the same area, doesnt make it the same problem.

This issue here is that the installer is looking for the uploaded 4.1.9 files and finding 4.1.7 files, this means they either didnt upload them correctly, or possibly something like xcache is running and the web server isnt seeing the updated files until the cache is cleared.
                  Thanks for the more detailed reply. However, I've never uploaded 4.1.7 before so I'm not sure how that's possible. Assuming an earlier version might cause a similar problem, that shouldn't happen as I uploaded these files fresh to a new directory to see my results. I also made sure that any external caching for an upgrade was cleared in the database as well just to make sure it wouldn't be that. But read below regarding what actually made the errors not appear.

Lynne's response actually solved the error issue. The only way was to upload the gzipped version and use command line to decompress on the server. For some reason the error didn't appear when I reloaded the old database and tried the upgrade. Unfortunately the results are the same - I can get into the admincp and make changes but the front end gives me the "webpage has a redirect loop" error. Will have to spend some more time figuring that out.

Comment

Originally posted by slinky View Post
                    Lynne's response actually solved the error issue.
                    Lynne solved your issue (in the other thread), which is not the issue in this thread.
                    Baby, I was born this way

Comment

Luffy-9, sorry for the confusion in this thread. If you are still having your issue please let us know, and anything you may have tried.

Comment