Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Suite] Warnings and errors after install

Bit of a newbie so take it easy...lol
    Ok..so im upgrading from 3.8.6 to 4.1.8...

First let me say that im changing domain names also...so wat i did was copy over all my files from old domain name into new domain via ftp of course...
    I have a new database for the new domain...copied all the old db files to the new one...
    then uploaded all the new vb4 files via the instructions...deleting the install.php of course..and ran the upgrade.php
    everything seemed to go perfect...except when i tried to log in the admincp..bammm...here is wat i get:
    Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/var/chroot/home/content/65/8678965/tmp/sess_6lfs4ita0gvi887kqnnfc78n36, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in [path]/includes/facebook/facebook.php on line 37

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at [path]/includes/class_core.php:5570) in[path]/includes/facebook/facebook.php on line 37

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at [path]/includes/class_core.php:5570) in[path]/includes/facebook/facebook.php on line 37
    Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
    File: /home/content/65/8678965/html/forums/includes/class_core.php
    Line: 5570

Warning: Unknown: open(/var/chroot/home/content/65/8678965/tmp/sess_6lfs4ita0gvi887kqnnfc78n36, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct () in Unknown on line 0

seems the fb mod is messing smth up?

any suggestions?...is there a way to bypass this warning page and get into the admincp?

help

thx
    Last edited by onealien; Wed 14 Dec '11, 7:31pm.

To troubleshoot this, first download a fresh copy of the vBulletin ZIP file from the Members Area then reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all Products except the vBulletin Blog and vBulletin CMS (Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Disable) AND uncheck all the plugins except those related to the vBulletin Blog and vBulletin CMS by (Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Plugin Manager). You must do BOTH of those steps in order to disable all non vBulletin Modifications.

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?
    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -
    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
    - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

thx trevor...
      one problem...i can only get to the admincp login page...wen i enter username and password i get the above error page...nothing else...and no way of getting past it...
      i was able to use the tools.php...but that is it...

Comment

Are you running a windows server ? It looks like that PHP trying to open the stored session file using the normal file path, So if you are running a windows server I believe you need to update your "session.save_path" variable in php.ini file.
        Marco Mamdouh Fahem.
        OUZMind Lead Developers
        vBFoster Lead Developers

Comment

no, im running linux...i was running windows but switched to linux due to better compatibility...
          and i cant find that file..php.ini...anywhere...

going to try fresh files from the 4.1.9 download...

Comment