X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SilverBoy
    replied
    Sure at the end we have to move to PHP5.5
    But until now vbulletin officially aren't compatible with PHP 5.4, I get this face from my other thread here.
    Thanks Mark.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Originally posted by SilverBoy View Post
    Thanks Mark.B but I don't like this solution because it is not solve the problems it just try to hide them !!
    As I mentioned in my earlier post, the "problems" are still there. php warnings have always been hidden in vBulletin 3 and 4, the only change is that for 4.2.2 by default they are no longer hidden. The code I posted simply reverts 4.2.2 to the previous behaviour.

Additionally php warnings aren't problems, for the most part they are simply letting you know that a piece of php functionality is deprecated.

Eventually you'll need to move off php 5.3.

Leave a comment:

• SilverBoy
    replied
    Thanks Mark.B but I don't like this solution because it is not solve the problems it just try to hide them !!
    BTW I made downgrade for my PHP version, and my main site working great (vb4.2.1) but the test forum 4.2.2 still has a lot of errors, so the problem in the code it self not in the PHP version as I think.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    4.2.2 is fully php 5.4 compatible. It's the way it handles php warnings that's changed.
    Can't speak for add ons though.

Try this....it will fix a multitude of sins, including quite a few add on problems as well.

Add the following line to your config.php under the <?php line:
    PHP Code:
    define('SKIP_ALL_ERRORS'true); 
    This puts vB4 back to the old way of handling php warnings (4.2.1 and below), so it should cure most of your issues.

Leave a comment:

• SilverBoy
    replied
    My forum in folder but I have the vBCMS files in the root.
    BTW what will happened if we made PHP downgrade?

Leave a comment:

• beishe8
    replied
    Is your forum on the root or is it in a folder such as /forums?
    Ask your server manager if it's possible to use a downgraded PHP version(5.3) only to one folder, your forums folder?

Leave a comment:

• SilverBoy
    started a topic [Suite] Downgrade from PHP 5.4 to PHP 5.3.27

Downgrade from PHP 5.4 to PHP 5.3.27

Hi

I was running my vb4.2.1 on my dedecated server without big issues, until we faced some network problems so we moved our server to another data center, and for my bad luck the PHP version in my new server is 5.4.23 so you know the rest of the story, too many bugs and broken functions.

I tried to upgrade to vb4.2.2 but I faced a lot of problems in the core files and third party products as well, and during reading a lot of posts here I think vb4.2.2 not fully compatible with PHP5.4, and the hiding of error messages not solve all the issues, so I think the best solution is downgrade my PHP version to 5.3.27. I asked my server manager to do this for me, but he said the downgrade may cause a lot of problem to the system, so I want to know is there really any risk in downgrade process?

Please answer me as soon as possible because my site closed now

Thanks in advance.