X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sc®iPt
    replied
    Some further information on error displays in 4.2.2 ;

As part of the php compliance changes, error reporting in 4.2.2 was fixed to take account of the new strict & deprecated errors added in php 5.x
    A side effect of this is that old (existing) errors that were not showing up may also now get displayed.

All of the errors we encounted during testing were corrected, but there may be more.
    If you encounter such an error, then please log it in the vB4 Jira project, so we are aware of it.

If you need to disable error displays you can do the following ;

Add the following line to your config.php ; PHP Code:
    define('SKIP_DS_ERRORS', true);

This will bypass the additional reporting added in 4.2.2 (i.e work as previous versions have done).

If necessary, you can also add the following to your config.php ; PHP Code:
    define('SKIP_ALL_ERRORS', true);

This will bypass all (non fatal) error reporting.

Note that in vB 4.2.3, the additional reporting is not enabled by default, so the above options are not required (and wont do anything).

Leave a comment:

• farhanisfarhan
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogo View Post
    Add the following line to your config.php under the <?php line:
    Works perfectly. Perfect solution.

Leave a comment:

• GsM-Hosting
    replied
    Thanks Done

Leave a comment:

• GsM-Hosting
    replied
    Send

Ticket

Leave a comment:

• Pogo
    replied
    Add the following line to your config.php under the <?php line:

Leave a comment:

• GsM-Hosting
    replied
    same error in version 4.2.2

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../forum.php(791) : eval()'d code on line 4

Leave a comment:

• Skyrider
    replied
    Originally posted by dmm2020 View Post
    I had to back out 4.2.2. Displaying errors is a huge security issue and should not of even been allowed to get through. I don't care if the plugins have depreciated code or not. Those errors do not display prior to 4.2.2 and should not display in 4.2.2. Poor quality control and customer services IMHO.

None of the suggested changes worked for me, so I went back to previous version.
    To be fair, the plugins were created for a specific vB version and up. If it doesn't work for a vB version, then it's up to the author for them to fix it. That's not vBulletin's problem. You can't expect for the vB team to check into every single plugin just to see if it works on the latest version. It has nothing to do with poor quality control not customer service, but rather people abandoning their own plugin. You have to complain to them, not vB.

Leave a comment:

• dmm2020
    replied
    I had to back out 4.2.2. Displaying errors is a huge security issue and should not of even been allowed to get through. I don't care if the plugins have depreciated code or not. Those errors do not display prior to 4.2.2 and should not display in 4.2.2. Poor quality control and customer services IMHO.

None of the suggested changes worked for me, so I went back to previous version.

Leave a comment:

• rootsxrocks
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul M View Post
    These are all errors from products or plugins. You should get them fixed, but as thats not always practical you can also suppress them in Settings > Options > Plugin/Hook System, set the PHP Compatability setting to Yes.
    yeah that's the way, nobody uses that feature anyhow

Leave a comment:

• dmx07
    replied
    Horrific problems here after upgrade even with plugins switched off vbulletin is still returning errors.

Leave a comment:

• Peter_AUS
    replied
    My error was caused by the colour legend hack, a friend found the source of the error, edited the code and it went away. He commented that it is something to do with the 4.2.2 release that is the real cause of the problem. As it seems to affect a whole lot of different hacks, I tend to agree with him about it being really a problem with the 4.2.2 release. Shouldn't have so may issues with all different hacks due to one upgrade, especially when it was something to do with forerunner xss exploit. Just my opinion. Peter

Leave a comment:

• amorosso
    replied
    Removing the VSA post in right forum worked for me

Leave a comment:

• migratoria
    replied
    I confirm...
    Vb 4.2.2 is a very bad update. Create more 'problems than it is able to solve

Leave a comment:

• wswd
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul M View Post
    These are all errors from products or plugins. You should get them fixed, but as thats not always practical you can also suppress them in Settings > Options > Plugin/Hook System, set the PHP Compatability setting to Yes.
    This doesn't work, by the way. At least not with ours. The error exists whether it's turned on or not.

Leave a comment:

• sgbmad
    replied
    Hi,
    Setting the PHP Compatability setting to Yes does not work for me.

Code:
    Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../forum.php(791) : eval()'d code on line 51

Leave a comment: