Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warning: Only vaiables should be passed by reference in ..../newreply.php on line 389

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I turn off HTML it will break thousands of post were youtube videos and others unsopprted Video embedding have used I frames.
    Designing Your Forum Around The Members Lifestyle becoming A Valuable Asset To The Community With VB Before Trying To Make A Buck.

Comment

You may be able to write a plugin to just disable HTML when posting ($foruminfo[allowhtml]). If you need help with that, the place to ask is over on vbulletin.org, the modification site.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Having same issue on our site.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
          You may be able to write a plugin to just disable HTML when posting ($foruminfo[allowhtml]). If you need help with that, the place to ask is over on vbulletin.org, the modification site.
          I appreciate that mods are a .org thing, but a work arround for something that an update broke which is a standard feature of the software should be done here.
          Designing Your Forum Around The Members Lifestyle becoming A Valuable Asset To The Community With VB Before Trying To Make A Buck.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsxrocks View Post

I appreciate that mods are a .org thing, but a work arround for something that an update broke which is a standard feature of the software should be done here.
            I agree. I shouldn't have to go install a plugin that somebody else wrote to fix a bug/issue that is the result of Internet Brands' lack of quality control.
            Rob

Comment

Originally posted by RobAC View Post

I agree. I shouldn't have to go install a plugin that somebody else wrote to fix a bug/issue that is the result of Internet Brands' lack of quality control.
              ​I also agree, ETA on patch ?

Comment

What a mess .... they need a patch to fix all the stuff this updated has broken ASAP!
                Paul G

Comment

We have the same problem. But unlike this guy (See link), who has a similar situation where both line 323 and line 2124 is mentioned, we only have line 323 mentioned. Will the modification still work?

ETA: I can't add a link. it is converted to a general vbulletin.com link. But the thread is called "Error, moderate tools", and is in this subforum, dated October 12th.

"Basically its within code that only runs when you are allowing the posting of raw html in a forum, this is a big security risk and generally not allowed by site administrators."
                  Posting of HTML is not enabled in this section (or, AFAIK, in any of our subforums).
                  Last edited by The Vegan Forum; Sat 19 Oct '13, 4:54am.
                  The Vegan Forum

Comment

I have the same issue. Any fix yet?

Comment

bump.
                      The Vegan Forum

Comment

Yes, I'm wondering what the status is on a fix as well because I have three more sites to upgrade vBulletin with, and I refuse to use this current release until there is a solution posted for this bug.
                        Rob

Comment

If you have this error, please go to this page and vote for this issue. It's a big issue for those of us who are affected, but it's designated as "Minor".

Comment

This is a fix posted by Yves Rigaud in the JIRA page comments, and I can verify that it works:
                            Yves Rigaud added a comment - 26/Oct/13 04:07 PM
                            For those who would like a fix:
                            Find:

$newpost['htmlstate'] = array_pop($array = array_keys(fetch_htmlchecked($vbulletin->GPC['htmlstate'])));

Replace by:

$htmlstate = fetch_htmlchecked($vbulletin->GPC['htmlstate']); $array = array_keys($htmlstate); $newpost['htmlstate'] = array_pop($array);

Comment

I can confirm that it works as well. Now why couldn't Internet Brands post this fix?
                              Rob

Comment

The PHP edit in the Jira seems to have fixed it and other symptoms.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X