Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mary303
    replied
    Don't know a lot about the database ... but I looked at the table "administrator" and the userid's for my 3 admin id's are in there.

- Just for what it is worth ... after the hack, before the upgrade, I was able to access and work in the admin through the old files. The forums appeared to be functional although I did not do a thorough investigation. I found one issue, a link added to the forum title field that redirected to an image. That was cleared. I also turned the forums off and posted a message to users in ad_global_header_1. Obviously my principal admin id was still an admin.

- After the upgrade I was able to access the AdminCP through the OLD files that were not upgraded, but still pointed toward the same database. I changed the message in ad_global_header_1.
    - I was unable to access the forums through the NEW files. There was the error message indicating that one critical file could not be accessed.

- Overnight the serverhost responded by disabling caching.
    - Now the forums are accessible through the NEW files, but I can't log in to the AdminCP as described above, with any of 3 id's. So disabling the caching could be a factor?
    - I did the name-changing to try the OLD files - they behave exactly the same way. Names have been changed back so the new files are the url.

I do have a backup of the database from the night prior to the hack Sunday Sep 15... but although the hack admin id "lasttouch" showed a "join date' of that morning, I don't know if it could have been online with another id prior to that. If I restore, maybe it is best to go back to Thursday, the day before Friday 13th.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Tools.php doesn't care about "Unalterable". That only applies directly to the AdminCP. It does not apply to changes made directly in the database or through external utilities.

Upgrading often does not resolve hacked site issues. The issues should be resolved prior to upgrading. When you look at your admin users in the database, what is show as their usergroup?

Leave a comment:

• Mary303
    replied
    Just to add ...

I found the how-to for using tools.php to get back into an admincp in http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/blogs...ve-been-hacked . I went through the steps for my alternate admin id that is not coded into config, since the main admin id is unalterable. There was no change, the results were the same.

I've been through the exercise with my 3 admin id's ... 2 are unalterable coded into config, the 3rd is not. All are getting the same response described above.

I am also wondering if I should fully restore the database before turning the forum back on? I am wondering if this trouble could be as a result of the hack or if it is something else simple.

I further looked into the possibility of getting phone support added to my vB account to make communications much more fluid. There are many hours between each response at the present moment, and it just isn't possible to get into a more exploratory mode with things moving so slow. I do understand that support is probably loaded right now. I didn't find an option to do add phone support other than spending hundreds of dollars to purchase vb5 - that's not in the cards right now.

Leave a comment:

• Mary303
    replied
    Yes of course the user has AdminCP permissions ... LOL! It's the "superadmin" coded into the config file. I log on to AdminCP as that id every day.

There is no response yet to my ticket today. I'm into Day 3 getting this forum back online and I think this could be a simple solution - I hope. Just fishing for as much info as possible to get my members back into their forum! It is a paid business, so I owe them every effort. Sorry for any inconvenience!

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    The user you're logging in with has AdminCP permissions? The behavior you describe suggests it doesn't.

I suggest bring this up in your ongoing ticket about this upgrade.

Leave a comment:

• Mary303
    started a topic Upgrade is stuck - suggestions?

Upgrade is stuck - suggestions?

The upgrade to from 4.2.0PL2 to 4.2.1 is complete ... I just can't log into the AdminCP.

I can access the forums at /forums/forum.php - they are still turned off for the upgrade.

To access the AdminCP, at the (normal appearing) login screen I enter my username & password and hit the login button. I get the "thank you for logging on" message, but then the screen flips back to the login screen. There is no error message. It just goes nowhere.

I re-uploaded the files for AdminCP and no change. I've tried various workarounds and no change.

Initially after the upgrade there was a trouble with a server cache stopping access to the forums with an error message. That has been cleared up and now the /forums/forum.php is showing. The vb senior techs took a look and said the upgrade is all set up correctly.

Is this a clue? I have a customized favicon.ico the replaces the vb favicon.ico. But the /forums/forum.php is showing the vb version of the favicon, while the /forums/admincp/ is showing the customized icon. Possibly just a setting within the upgraded app.