Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moving from mysite/forum to mysite/forum2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mefromspace
    replied
    Great suggestion Joe...Found the error and for some reason the old vb user in the renamed db had to change permissions on. Weird as the vb user had permissions to old same db Anyways that was the solution in case other have the same problem. Thx again!

Leave a comment:

• BirdOPrey5
    replied
    You can check your server mysql logs for the error if you can't see it by email or in the browser. Moving the directory should not cause any errors.

If you have plugins looking for files not there, that may cause errors, be sure you disable hooks in config.php-

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...ystem-globally

Leave a comment:

• mefromspace
    replied
    Hi Zac. Yes but email is currently disabled. Th page just load for a while and then says database error the database have encountered a problem. Shouldent the forum appear even do ita not installed from that url.same domain same server all same just renamed forum to forum2 and db to db2 and updated config with db2 name. Anything else i should have done or another progress to rename url of forum and forum db to make it possible have db load on that new sub url?

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    What is the specific error, you should get a copy emailed to you via the techemail in the config.php file.

Leave a comment:

• mefromspace
    started a topic Moving from mysite/forum to mysite/forum2?

Moving from mysite/forum to mysite/forum2?

Hi,

This is what i have done.

Wanted to move my current vb4.2.1 forum from url mysite/forum to mysite/forum2

I renamed forum folder to forum2 and i renamed db to db2 and then went into config file and changed db name from db to db2.

But now i just get a Error connection to database but no error code or any hint what could be causing it.

This goes for both path to forum and admin same connection error. Any idea what could be the problem?

Thx for any suggestion or help getting live again