Moved from .com to .net, site won't load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Moved from .com to .net, site won't load

Long story short; my .com host got DDoS-ed and the host decided to suspend me. In order to never experience that again, I purchases a VPS-server with a .net domain. It took me three weeks to get my files back and right now the .com domain is being set up so it'll link to the .net domain (which will be the main host).

I uploaded all the files, uploaded the database and it all seems to run without errors... except it keeps trying to connect to the .com domain, which right now isn't working and will not be the main URL anymore. I can't log into my admin cp, which I guess is where I need to change some settings.

What do I do?

You'll have to change the board URL for it to work correctly..
    You can change it in the database if you can't access the admincp.
    -- Web Developer for hire
    ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

Do you have phpmyadmin available? or access to run queries?

You're going to need to run the following query:
      Code:
      [FONT=Courier New]UPDATE setting SET value ='domain.net' WHERE setting.varname ='bburl';[/FONT]
      Then, upload the tools.php file found in the do_not_upload folder to your admincp directory. Use it to rebuild the settings table information and reset your cookie information (if its .domain.com instead of .domain.net)

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
        Do you have phpmyadmin available? or access to run queries?

You're going to need to run the following query:
        Code:
        [FONT=Courier New]UPDATE setting SET value ='domain.net' WHERE setting.varname ='bburl';[/FONT]
        Then, upload the tools.php file found in the do_not_upload folder to your admincp directory. Use it to rebuild the settings table information and reset your cookie information (if its .domain.com instead of .domain.net)
        Thanks for the help, but that didn't work (and obviously I replaced domain.net with the actual new domain). It keeps trying to go to the .com domain.

Comment

Did you do the tbit with tools.php also/.

Comment

Did you do the tbit with tools.php also/.
            Yes, although it shows a blank screen. Is that normal?

Comment

Make sure you reupload your install folder, minus install.php and try again. You shouldn't get a blank page on tools.php

Comment

Make sure you reupload your install folder, minus install.php and try again. You shouldn't get a blank page on tools.php
                That did the trick, thanks! Now it's time to set it all up again (styles are missing etc.).

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X