Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clean install, getting log in box every time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• setishock
    replied
    I got it. It was landing on the cms page and for some reason the permissions were being ignored.
    I disabled the cms and it lands of the forum now. After I get my place going I'll come back to this issue and get it straightened out.

Leave a comment:

• setishock
    replied
    Alright then, got any ideas why I keep getting challenged with the no permissions box? It's got to be something I'm over looking.
    I'm set to reinstall the software. I already deleted it, again. So what ever you tell me I'll try it.
    Thanks for helping me by the way.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    If you want the site in your root, then you need to upload the *contents* of the /upload directory into the public_html directory, not the actual /upload directory itself.

Having two URLs pointing to the site is just fine.

Leave a comment:

• setishock
    replied
    Not sure just trying to supply as much info as I can.

I do have 2 domain names pointing to the same forum but just using the .org in the ACP and cpanel. One is computervitals.net and the other is computervitals.org. Could that have anything to do with it?
    And Lynne which is the best way to install it in a blank public_html folder, keep it inside the upload folder and run install from there or upload the contents of the upload folder to the public_html folder and install?
    I'm lost... Haven't done a scratch install in 5 years.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    So this is only an issue with IE10? (Just need to get that clarified because I do not have IE10.)

Also, the Edit button should work here as I have seen users edit their posts.

Leave a comment:

• setishock
    replied
    Edit button still doesn't work here.

I have created a admin level test account if some one I know from here wants to have a look.

Leave a comment:

• setishock
    started a topic Clean install, getting log in box every time.

Clean install, getting log in box every time.

I ran with new hosting and an updated version of 4.1.2. PL8. Here's the rub.

I installed the content of the upload folder to the public_html folder. Ran install.php from IE10. The config.php file had already been updated with all the DB and user info.
    Ran fine, buzzed right through it. Removed the install.php as requested and was taken over to the ACP login.

Worked fine. I checked the URL's and logged out. Going back to IE10 and typing in the forum URL I get greeted with a no permissions login. The same as you'd get trying to view a picture at VB.org and you're not logged in.
    Went back in and checked permissions for users and forums. All set.

Still no joy. In my enthusiasm to get this project off the ground I'm overlooking something. Some little detail is escaping my attention and as we know the devil's in the details.
    Please, I really need to get this up and running. I have washed my hands of animeappeal by deleting the database and parking the domain name at GD. So now I have no project to work on until I get this one resolved.