Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cannot do upgrade or install to 4.1.x at all! But 4.0.8 no problems!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Forum] Cannot do upgrade or install to 4.1.x at all! But 4.0.8 no problems!

    Hi,

    I have 4.0.8 which is OK and working. No issues.

    And so deiced to try and upgrade to the latest versions...about time i did so i think!
    But have been trying to upgrade to 4.1.x on a test environment - 4.0.8 works fine in test.
    But neither upgrades or new installs have ever worked!
    Input customer number, press for stage 1, and "Upgrade Aborted" with the following message

    Unexpected Text

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>
    <upgrade>
    <message replace="0">Connection successful</message>
    <status>Status: Installing, Step 2 of 7</status>
    <longversion>install</longversion>
    <version>install</version>
    <nextstep>2</nextstep>
    <upgradenotice>
    <=!=[=C=D=A=T=A=[<strong>Installing</strong>]=]=>
    </upgradenotice></upgrade>

    Even pressing f5 to refresh it just stalls all the time with similar messages, and does not install correctly with database errors.
    So I make a new database.
    Download the full package again.
    Change the config file
    Upload.
    Install...hoping it should work OK as it is a fresh install.
    but guess what...same install aborted messages with the same type of messages in the Action requried dialogue box Unexpected Text:

    I have tried all sorts of combinations of install packages, but 4.1.x looks to just simply not install cleanly.
    I have tried other things found on this forum by increasing server wait times it the config also...but still the same error messages when doing install or upgrade to 4.1.x

    Am I missing something blatently obvious?
    Surley if 4.0.8 works, is there any reason for 4.1.x not to even install or upgrade?Or is there something else that I am missing?
    Could this be some form of server issue?
    Any help would be appreciated.

  • #2
    This may be a server time and/or memory limit. To increase your limits edit your includes/config.php file and add these lines right under the <?php line:

    ini_set('memory_limit', -1);
    ini_set("max_execution_time", "2880");


    Then try again. If you have the same problem after that, you need to contact your host and ask them to check the server error logs.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

    Steve Machol Photography


    Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


    Comment


    • #3
      Hi

      Thanks for that.
      Added the lines and restarted the process...and still the Unexpected Text messages appeared...
      So going to get them to have a look at the logs.

      Cheers

      Comment

      widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X