Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4.1.4 CLI upgrade shows vB version as 4.1.3 when complete

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Starting with a vB 3.8.5 DB and a fresh folder of vb 4.1.3 PL1 files, we started the upgrade process from 3.8.5 to 4.1.3 PL1 via the CLI. Before starting we kicked off, but didn't run, the web upgrade script and it had 4.1.3 for the xml files in the upper right hand corner of the screen. The CLI times out at step 60. We restarted the CLI upgrade script again and it continued to step 104 and timed out again. On the restart it continued to the finish. Upon entering the ACP, the version was Admin Control Panel (vBulletin 4.1.3 Patch Level 1) Latest version available: 4.1.4. Everything looks normal with the version.

    We then switched to a folder of fresh 4.1.4 files to upgrade from 4.1.3 and ran the upgrade from the CLI. But first we checked the web interface, the xml files were 4.1.4, but the start box said...
    Code:
    Your upgrade log shows that your last upgrade was to version 4.1.4 Beta 1 but you are currently on version 3.8.5. 
    () Upgrade from 4.1.4 Beta 1 () Upgrade from 3.8.5
    Looks odd. So we go back to the 4.1.3 PL1 install and run the web script upgrade.

    The 4.1.3 PL1 upgrade script from the we said...
    Code:
    Your upgrade log shows that your last upgrade was to version but you are currently on version 3.8.5. 
    () Upgrade from () Upgrade from 3.8.5
    We checked upgrade from 3.8.5 and ran the web script. It crashed with...

    Code:
    Warning: require_once/xxx/www/xxx/forum//install/includes/class_upgrade_385.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /xxx/www/xxx/forum/install/includes/class_upgrade.php on line 373
    
    Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/xxx/www/xxx/forum//install/includes/class_upgrade_385.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in/xxx/www/xxx/forum/install/includes/class_upgrade.php on line 373
    We started over and checked the first option and got.... Press the button below to run the Skimlinks Upgrade step.... So we ran it that way. The footer BTW says, vBulletin v3.8.5, Copyright. We didn't do this step the first time. I'm redoing this to duplicate the version wrong issue we are seeing and that it was not due to a mixed set of files.

    So, anyway, that step got stuck at 62% Status: Processing XML, Step 4 of 6
    Code:
    Processing Skimlinks
    Step 1 - Creating skimlinks table
    Step 2 - Product upgrade completed
    Processing XML
    Step 1 - Import latest options
    Importing vbulletin-settings.xml
    Import Done
    Step 2 - Import latest admin help
    Importing vbulletin-adminhelp.xml
    Import Done
    Step 3 - Import latest language
    Importing vbulletin-language.xml
    Import Done
    We waited a bit and then went to the acp after deleting the install.php under 4.1.3 pl 1 and the footer version read correctly at 4.1.3 PL1

    We can discuss forum particulars in private if necessary, but it's not working for us as far as versioning and we're not sure if we have a problem and should proceed with the upgrade as it is. It's a big deal, that's why we chose to prove the problem out which is revealing more then the first trip as troublesome under scrutiny.

    Right now I'm not sure if we should move on and try the 4.1.4 CLI upgrade or not to gather more details or stop here and report the bug.

    But, we ran the 4.1.4 CLI upgrade and got...
    Code:
    Your upgrade log shows that your next upgrade should be to version  but you are currently on version 4.1.3.
    
    If you would like to continue with the upgrade to , enter '1'. If you would like to go to the upgrade that follows 4.1.3, enter '2'.
    We didn't see this the first time. Which should we choose to help prove this out or do ya see a pattern here? thanks.
    Computer Help Forum
    An informed rider makes their first destination the motorcycle forum at rider info.

    Comment


    • #17
      Selecting 2, nothing happened. We re-ran the 4.1.4 cli upgrade and pressed 1. The upgrade ran and the acp says Admin Control Panel (vBulletin 4.1.3 Patch Level 1).

      Same as the first run.

      We ran the web upgrade again under 4.1.4...

      IT this time errored out with.

      Unexpected Text: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>
      <upgrade>
      <message replace="0">Altering language Table (1 of 2)</message>
      <status>Status: Processing 4.1.4 Beta 1, Step 2 of 11</status>
      <longversion>4.1.4 Beta 1</longversion>
      <version>414b1</version>
      <nextstep>2</nextstep>
      <upgradenotice><![CDATA[<strong>Upgrading to 4.1.4 Beta 1</strong>]]></upgradenotice>
      </upgrade>

      And aborted. The upgrade went worse it seems. I don't know where to begin the discussion of what's going on.

      Now the ACP says, Admin Control Panel (vBulletin 4.1.3). So we got the same end result, but a lot more details in between that are preplexing.
      Computer Help Forum
      An informed rider makes their first destination the motorcycle forum at rider info.

      Comment


      • #18
        OK, well, I don't know about qualifying whether to open bug tickets and what not, so we're going to leave it at this, get a fresh copy of the 3.8.5 DB again and use the CLI to get to 4.1.4. Thanks
        Computer Help Forum
        An informed rider makes their first destination the motorcycle forum at rider info.

        Comment

        Related Topics

        Collapse

        Working...
        X