No announcement yet.

v 4.x and spams / unwanted posts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THANKS for suggestions. Adding some smart and subject related questions are showing very good results. Found only 2-3 spam postings in last 2-3 days, which is GREAT!!
    Get Smart...
    www.AutomationMedia.com

Comment

That worked well for me for a while, but they eventually get around that - at least the ones willing to take the time. The worst thing now is old posted getting edited and replaced with spam. Not sure how they are getting the users credentials to do it. I shored up the passwords as much as possible.

Comment

Unfortunately, joy was for 2-3 days only and they get around that and my forums has lots of junk posts again...
        Get Smart...
        www.AutomationMedia.com

Comment

You're still using general knowlege questions.

Comment

Originally posted by port80 View Post
            Unfortunately, joy was for 2-3 days only and they get around that and my forums has lots of junk posts again...
            Having 4 questions and answers isn't a good idea when some of the questions are extremely easy to answer. I suggest having only one question that is specific to your forum. For example:

Q: Please type the word a u t o m a t i o n into the box below without spaces.
            A: automation

Here are some other tips for eliminating spammer registration.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...-on-your-forum

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X