No announcement yet.

Stuck on Step 88 Upgrading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did a fresh install and it worked so it can't be the forum :/.

Comment

Is there something I can use to clean the database? I'm pretty sure it's a database issue :/.

Edit: I just realized I triple posted.. feel free to merge them, sorry.
      Last edited by Chewy954; Sun 27 Feb '11, 2:37pm.

Comment

Can you start a support ticket and we can take a look into the issue ?
        Please provide admincp, ftp, and phpmyadmin if possible.

Comment

I have one open, haven't had a response in 2 days so I opened this.

Comment

2 days? I checked your account. You opened a ticket on Saturday which was answered 2-1/2 hours later by Zach. You replied and Zach again replied 11 hours later (none of us work 24 hours a day. 7 days a week.) The info you provided him doesn't work and he is waiting for the correct info.

You have anothe ticket fromt he 24th that I replied to - the first time in just 4 minutes. Your last response to that ticket was: "I had to revert it. Now I'm working on it at test.cheatingnetwork.net, the vb4 files are being uploaded. "

I was waiting for the info and you never replied.

I just wanted to clarify this in case someone wrongly believes that support tickets go unanswered for 2 days.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I posted in the ticket: Feb 24th '11 11:32pm

Never received a response to that ticket when I responded forcing me to open a new one.

New one opened: Mar 02nd '11 10:06am and I'm still waiting for a response.

Comment

Post #20 is still accurate.

There is no new ticket from you for today (March 2nd.) However you did respond to your existing ticket from Feb 27th. Your last response to that ticket was this monring and said:

"My host had an error and everything went down. I'll provide it again, sorry. "

You have not provided any updates. I will take a look, but I think it's important to correct the record.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I meant new response, not post. Still valid on my part. The point of the matter isn't to put down ur support response time. I've never had a problem with it in the past, I just want this sorted.

Comment

And I have told you step-by-step what you need to do. You have decided not to do anything and instead are saying you have already done all that, even though I could clearly see you hadn't.

Honestly, we are trying to help. But this is going to require you doing what we ask so we can troubleshoot the problem. Otherwise there is nothing we can do about this.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I had issues with this step while upgrading too. Turns out that it just takes a very long time if you have a big database. My upgrade moved over 120,000 pictures to the attachment system, which I will have to turn around a move back to the file system after the upgrade is complete. Is there a way to avoid this step in the future?

Comment

Originally posted by rootnik View Post
                        I had issues with this step while upgrading too. Turns out that it just takes a very long time if you have a big database. My upgrade moved over 120,000 pictures to the attachment system, which I will have to turn around a move back to the file system after the upgrade is complete. Is there a way to avoid this step in the future?
                        Why do you have to move the files back into the database? You shouldnt. Please start you own thread for your issue and clearly explain your problems.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X