Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Default database collation is latin1_swedish_ci?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Suite] Default database collation is latin1_swedish_ci?

I have just installed my suite, and without creating any db, the install process has created it using latin1_swedish_ci.
    I am Italian, so I don't know if it is the right choice for me, but, I really don't know.

Can I keep the latin1_swedish_ci or should I change it?

The server detemines the default collation. I would leave it the way it is unless you have a specific problem.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

afaik, vbulletin is always installed with latin1_swedish_ci. Nothing to do with my server, as everything else is utf8 as it should be.

I went through a lot to install vbulletin in utf8.

galerio, if you'd prefer utf8, I can put together my resources for you.

Comment

Thanks, but I have already found a thread where it is explained how to install vb with utf8 db. Anyway, I have installed with default latin1 collation, I don't want to cheange too much the default vb.
        I have already imported my phpbb3 forum that has a utf8 database, and all goes fine. Now I have only to test the interation with wordpress (that is utf8 too).

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X