Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error with whos online page: The disappearance of whos online list from forum home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Error with whos online page: The disappearance of whos online list from forum home

Well I hate to say this, but VB4.1.2 fails so so so bad. WTF is with the disappearance of whos online list from forum home page? As you can see from the screenshot below, it only says there are 31 users online(6 are members), but none of them are displaying. This is even worse than others who actually can see a text 'Array' from whos online list, there's NOTHING AT ALL on my forum. >_<

Also the usergroup legend mod does not work anymore after upgrading to VB4.1.2. I dunno why this happens, its just way too disappointing. I know you guys are fighting against Xenforo and cannot concentrate on making a better software. But please, at least try not to release glitchy versions of VB...

Yeah I figured it out, it is not compatible with the usergroup color legend bar addon. But again how come old addons from vb 4.1.1 does not work with this one?

Comment

I dont have any add ons for usergroup color..and it doesnt appear for me either?

just says "array"

Comment

umm then VB 4.1.2 must be incompatible with more than just this usergroup color legend addon. This is why it sucks so hard, a minor release like this is not supposed to cause compatibility issues at all...

Comment

Mine doesn't work unless the addons are disabled.

Comment

Originally posted by Hall of Famer View Post
            umm then VB 4.1.2 must be incompatible with more than just this usergroup color legend addon. This is why it sucks so hard, a minor release like this is not supposed to cause compatibility issues at all...
            We made changes to the whats going on area to drasticly improve preformance.

Comment

Interesting. I havent seen whats actually been improved from whats going on area, besides that incompatibility issue with 'usergroup legend bar' addon, if you call it an improvement? Also the bug of view conversation still exists, I'm still getting it like:

Viewing Conversation Christofer Drew Ingle and Christofer Drew Ingle
              So dont get me wrong, improvement was made for whos online area? Are you kidding me?

Comment

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-10457
                It is a pretty major improvement that took a small amount of effort to improve.

To quote shawn
                Originally posted by digitalpoint
                If you have 500 logged in users, it saves around 7,500 sub-routine calls for registering variables and the net effect is your home page loads about twice as fast.

Comment

umm I cant see if its improved at all, what I do care about is the 'view conversation' is still not resolved. Its been there since VB4 was first introduced, you guys are so slow at this seriously. Anyway, would you mind telling me if this bug will EVER be fixed at all? I will stop reporting if this is not even considered a glitch here.

Comment

Created: 20/Dec/09 01:29 PM Updated: Yesterday 01:12 PM Resolved: 21/Jan/11 09:08 AM
                    Resolved? What do you mean by resolved? It is still there on my forum, I keep viewing conversation with myself, even now...

Comment

It's been fixed but not assigned to a version yet which is why it's in the resolved backlog.
                      Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
                      -
                      *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
                      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
                      - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Originally posted by Hall of Famer View Post
                        umm I cant see if its improved at all, what I do care about is the 'view conversation' is still not resolved. Its been there since VB4 was first introduced, you guys are so slow at this seriously. Anyway, would you mind telling me if this bug will EVER be fixed at all? I will stop reporting if this is not even considered a glitch here.
                        A minor issue to you i a major issue to someone else. Bugs getting resolved are still important. Though Ill remember that you think optimizations that improve the preformance of vBulletin are not worth the time.

Comment

Anyone that cares:

Changes to FORUMHOME template cause this error. Revert your template and apply your customizations again.

Comment

Well how can I know that this bug is indeed fixed? It does not seem this way in VB 4.1.2, you cant just claim it is fixed without actually showing progress in a stable release.

Comment