X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Error After Upgrade, 3.8.6 to 4.1.1

The upgrade did go as plan but now on the header of my forum it shows,
    Code:
    Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: waresub_display_inc in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 4055

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in [path]/includes/class_bootstrap.php(1309) : eval()'d code on line 29

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in [path]/includes/class_bootstrap.php(1309) : eval()'d code on line 40

Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
    File: /home/wa/public_html/includes/class_core.php
    Line: 5317
    Fatal error:  Call to a member function hide_errors() on a non-object in /home/wa/public_html/includes/class_bootstrap.php(412) : eval()'d code on line 264
    How can i fix this problem?

That's from a 3.8 modification. You'll need to disable all modifications and get the vb4 versions of them (if they have been converted). Or attempt the conversion yourself.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
      That's from a 3.8 modification. You'll need to disable all modifications and get the vb4 versions of them (if they have been converted). Or attempt the conversion yourself.
      I added
      PHP Code:
      define('DISABLE_HOOKS'true); 
      in config.php just directly below <?php But i then got a blank page saying....
      Code:
      Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
      File: /home/wa/public_html/includes/config.php
      Line: 1

Comment

Did you use a plain text editor?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

That error means you have a problem in your config.php file, either a blank space or line at the beginning of the file or it was not saved correctly as a text file.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Well the problem is to do with the modifications, I can't seem to access my forum never-mind the AdminCP so am unable to update/remove the modifications. I just added define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true); directly below <?php in the config.php file and removed any unnecsiry spaces on line 1, it seems to have worked however I am now reciving the error message 

Code:
            Call to undefined method stdClass::set() in /home/wa/public_html/includes/functions.php on line 7326

Comment

Usually when it says call to undefined this-or-that, it's because the file containing that item is not uploaded correctly. So, make sure you uploaded all your files correctly and completely.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

I have upload all vBulletin files via cPanel but I recieved the same error, I then uploaded via FTP and encountered the same error again. The error is showing because I added define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true); in config.php but when I remove it i recieve the error
                Code:
                array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in [path]/includes/class_bootstrap.php(1309) : eval()'d code on line 29

array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in [path]/includes/class_bootstrap.php(1309) : eval()'d code on line 40

so it must be a modification error right?, Is there anyway I can disable the modifications via root folder?

Comment

Yes, eval() errors are always due to modifications - templates, add-ons or plugins.
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

So how can I remove/upgrade the modifications I don't have access to the forum nor admincp.

Comment

If you use a plain text editor and edit the config.php file to add that line, then you should not be having any problems.

You can try disabling the plugins via AdminCP > Settings > Options > plugins & products > enable plugins > no, if you can login to your admincp.

Comment

You could use phpmyadmin to edit the plugins. In the plugin table, set active = 0 for any modification plugins. Or you could set them all to 0 and then re-enable the default ones via the admincp.

Seems like a long way around though. Did you use a new config file? Grab the one from the download package, make the normal edits and then add the disable hooks line as described.
                        sigpic
                        Nation of Blue - Kentucky Wildcats Sports

Some CMS Goodness: Add Avatar to Article

Comment

@Lynne that's what I have just done for the config.php (post 6) and I did say I could not access my AdminCP nor the Forum (post 10).

@reefland Couldn't find plugins in phpMyAdmin but you're second answer did help, the config.php file was from 3.8.x and i guess it needed the one from the download package and did successfully disable the modifications via config.php. So very big thanks to you +1 Rep.

Thanks for the help Steve, Lynne and reefland I appreciate it .

Comment

Glad to hear you got it worked out. Good luck with the rest of your upgrade!
                            sigpic
                            Nation of Blue - Kentucky Wildcats Sports

Some CMS Goodness: Add Avatar to Article

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X