Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walter Ronny
    replied
    no way, i still have problems with upgrade, tryied to 4.1.1 and it "upgraded" with a big error..

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...97#post2105097

Leave a comment:

• simba6666
    replied
    Update to Version 4.1.1 Fix the problem
    Thank You

Leave a comment:

• giorgioarmani
    replied
    Originally posted by DirkD View Post
    Downloaded today. The problems still exist. Sorry, but this is poor service. Fortunately for me, after more than two hours I managed to fix the problems. I guess many others must break their heads over this. The upgrade troubles came up 3 weeks ago and still you provide the upgrade with the bugs in it.
    Same here.... It is a shame that this is still an issue when it was discovered so long ago but let's take it easy. The problem can be solved with all the info in this thread

Fixed it though with the instructions found here: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-10448

In includes/class_upgrade.php on line 1711, find this:

PHP Code:
    (varnamegrouptitlevaluedatatype" . ($default_value ? ',default_value' : '') . 
    And change it to this:

PHP Code:
    (varnamegrouptitlevaluedatatype" . ($default_value ? ',defaultvalue' : '') . 
    In my case I also had to follow the second instruction from Lynne:

PHP Code:
    Database error in vBulletin 4.1.0 Beta 1
    Invalid SQL
    INSERT INTO setting (varnamegrouptitlevaluedatatype,defaultvalue)VALUES('socnet''user''''integer' ,'63');

MySQL Error Duplicate entry 'socnet' for key 1 
    Just go into your database, and remove the row in the setting table where varname = socnet. Then run the upgrade script again and you should be fine.

I know how annoying this can be, especially for beginners. But read the info carefully and follow the instructions given here, they will solve your problem! Thanks to Lynne, Zachery and others for the support and patience

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Yes, the upgrade still has the bugs in the package at this time, we're aware of the issue and it will be addressed in the next build. It does not cause an issue for all customers.

Leave a comment:

• DirkD
    replied
    Downloaded today. The problems still exist. Sorry, but this is poor service. Fortunately for me, after more than two hours I managed to fix the problems. I guess many others must break their heads over this. The upgrade troubles came up 3 weeks ago and still you provide the upgrade with the bugs in it.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    Originally posted by Walter Ronny View Post
    so what's deal then?
    What is your current issue? The fixes for each issue have been listed here or have been linked to already.

Leave a comment:

• Paul M
    replied
    Originally posted by Walter Ronny View Post
    so what's deal then?
    2 for 1 ?

Leave a comment:

• Walter Ronny
    replied
    so what's deal then?

Leave a comment:

• Bigmuz7
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
    You use the fix in the bug report I linked to.
    Ok the last part of that link fixed it for me thanks Steve ... poor show that it happened in the first place though

Leave a comment:

• NickyDee
    replied
    Originally posted by Bigmuz7 View Post
    Same problem with me .. going from 4.08 to 4.1PL2 only my restored forum now shows the version as 4.1 Beta 1 ? Forum is running fine , but what do I do next, try and complete an upgrade ,.. leave it or what ?
    It's up to you but we did a server restore to yesterday nights backup. We weren't sure what, if anything, the partial upgrade had done to our database tables. So we figured that it was safer to rollback. Until this is resolved, I don't want to go hacking apart the upgrade scripts. A.) Because its irritating and time consuming. And B.) Because we dont want to install future upgrades ontop of a hashed up version.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    You use the fix in the bug report I linked to.

Leave a comment:

• Bigmuz7
    replied
    Same problem with me .. going from 4.08 to 4.1PL2 only my restored forum now shows the version as 4.1 Beta 1 ? Forum is running fine , but what do I do next, try and complete an upgrade ,.. leave it or what ?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I am afraid that this is a bug as well. There is a bug report and fix for this:

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-10448

Leave a comment:

• NickyDee
    replied
    Same thing happened to us. We then made the suggested default_value --> defaultvalue edit, then got the "MySQL Error : Duplicate entry 'socnet' for key 1".

This isn't one or two isolated incidents of retards messing up the process, we know what we are doing. This needs investigating as there is clearly something wrong, either with our tables or your upgrade script.

For the sake of argument, YES this was DEFINATELY the PL2 update. YES we definately had the files uploaded correctly. We were trying to go from 4.0.7 to 4.1.0 PL2.
    Last edited by NickyDee; Sat 18th Dec '10, 7:26am.

Leave a comment:

• echamberlain
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul M View Post
    You cannot have made the changes properly - its impossible to get a duplicate key error if you changed the SQL to say REPLACE INTO.
    We changed our code to:

PHP Code:
            if (!$row or !$row['value'])
            {

$sql "REPLACE INTO " TABLE_PREFIX "setting
                        (varname, grouptitle, value, datatype" 
    . ($default_value ',defaultvalue' '') .

")VALUES('" $this->db->escape_string($varname) . "', '" $this->db->escape_string($grouptitle) .

"', '" $this->db->escape_string($value) . "',
                    '
    $datatype' ". ($default_value ",'" $this->db->escape_string($default_value) . "'" '') .

")";

$this->db->query_write($sql);
            } 
    and got the socnet duplicate entry error.

Rather than telling us that we are wrong and don't know what we are doing, perhaps time could be better spent doing some release QA. This type of error shouldn't take three releases to fix.

Leave a comment: