New 4.1.0 and install error on first page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] New 4.1.0 and install error on first page

complete new install and database. I get this message on top of the first page of the install (where you enter the customer number).

Code:
    Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/*****/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 414

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/*****/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php:414) in /home/*****/public_html/forum/install/includes/class_upgrade_ajax.php on line 707

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/*****/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php:414) in /home/*****/public_html/forum/install/includes/class_upgrade_ajax.php on line 708

Looks like bad files, can you please start by reuploading the files. Did you upload the files with something like dreamweaver?

Comment

I used filezilla. I'm trying to reupload files now.

Comment

Ok. I've downloaded a new zip and re-uploaded the includes and install folder and i still get the same message when i enter the install system for the first time.

Comment

Please check your config.php file - it sounds like there is a PHP error in it.
          anders | vbulletin team | check out the new vbulletin facebook app
          Proudly vBulletin'ing since 2001
          Please be my friend!
          http://www.twitter.com/inetskunkworks
          vBulletin Performance Articles:
          Click here to read

Comment

Also - are you running a supported PHP version?
            anders | vbulletin team | check out the new vbulletin facebook app
            Proudly vBulletin'ing since 2001
            Please be my friend!
            http://www.twitter.com/inetskunkworks
            vBulletin Performance Articles:
            Click here to read

Comment

Originally posted by IBxAnders View Post
              Please check your config.php file - it sounds like there is a PHP error in it.
              You pointed me in the right direction.
              The server user didn't have the server prefix in front of it. Why didn't i just get a vb database error?

Comment

You did, just not as direct as normal:

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/*****/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 414

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X