This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I did.
    I realized that all of the files that were incorrect were from the v4.1.12 patch that I uploaded.
    I just let the upgrade.php run and all is fine now.

Now I will proceed with the v4.1.10 to v4.1.12
    Will I need to run that patch after I upload v4.1.12?

Thanks for all your help!!

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by TANKSALOT View Post
      Yes, I did.
      I realized that all of the files that were incorrect were from the v4.1.12 patch that I uploaded.
      I just let the upgrade.php run and all is fine now.

Now I will proceed with the v4.1.10 to v4.1.12
      Will I need to run that patch after I upload v4.1.12?

Thanks for all your help!!

Steve
      The best way to explain it is:

If your running 4.1.10 then you only download the patch for 4.1.10 and apply that.
      If your upgrading to a new version i.e. 4.1.12 then download a full copy of it and run the upgrade script as the new 4.1.12 contains the patch already .

So in other words no, you don't need to patch 4.1.10 before upgrading to 4.1.12, you can skip the 4.1.10 patch and simply upgrade to the current (and patched) 4.1.12 .

Former vBulletin Support Staff
      Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
      Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!
      Need a Host? - I recommend URLJet

Comment

Thanks!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TANKSALOT View Post
          Thanks!!!!
          Your quite welcome, anything else don't hesitate to ask .

Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

Is this video applicable to versions 4.1.x to 4.2? If not, is there a better video for upgrading to 4.2? Thanks.
            FF w/ Web Dev / Firebug / DW

Comment

This video is slightly outdated however in a good way, meaning that the upgrade script is now much more automated. If your going from 4.1 to 4.2 unless you have many custom modifications it should be a simple process of:

1) Closing and backing up the forum (both files and a database backup).
              2) Uploading the new 4.2 files.
              3) Running the upgrade script.

* If anything goes wrong, you can restore the files and drop all tables and re-import the database backup.
              ** Please Note: Test sites are best used when your not sure about a upgrade, in fact they should be used to check any upgrade (better safe then sorry imo) and there's no guarantee your database backup is good until you test it!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X