Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i've got a generell upgrade question, when upgrading from for example 4.1.2 to 4.1.3 i only have to replace the files that are marked as updated and add the new files, right? or do i have to replace ALL the files? (i noticed even the one that weren't updated now say version 4.1.3 at the top)

and afterwards just go to install/upgrade_version.php.

please let me know if i am mistaken.
    so what's new?

Comment

Recommended:replace all files

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

does it not work if you don't?
        so what's new?

Comment

It should do but if you ever require support, you will be asked to upload ALL files.
          Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
          -
          *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
          - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
          - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Thanks
            FF w/ Web Dev / Firebug / DW

Comment

Hi,
              I always do upgrade by following video steps and it always worked out today i was doing upgrade from 4.1.3 to 4.1.3 PL 1 and when i am trying to run the upgrade script by typing
              www.xxxxxxxxxxxx.com/install/upgrade.php
              i get this error

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /install/upgrade.php on this server.
              Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

can anyone help or tell why m getting this error ?? how to solve this ??

Thanks

Comment

Hi,
                Sorry guys i did figure out what the problem was .... i had permissions changed and that's why i was gettin forbidden error... just put on this may b someone like me come up with same issue :P

Thanks

Comment

any help available upgrading from 3.8 to 4.0+? I am as new to this as they come, but would like to offer my members a far greater forum experience, just dont know where to even begin.
                  Check out my site:
                  www.AskMy2Cents.com

Comment

Originally posted by nick71692 View Post
                    any help available upgrading from 3.8 to 4.0+? I am as new to this as they come, but would like to offer my members a far greater forum experience, just dont know where to even begin.
                    Some helpful information is here ( https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...s-and-Recovery! ) regarding upgrading from vBulletin 3.x to 4.x, the key things to note are:

- Disable the site via admincp.
                    - Backup Database and files beforehand.
                    - Disable all modifications.
                    - Run the upgrade script.
                    - Upgrade modifications if a vB4 version is available otherwise leave disabled until they are updated or uninstall them.
                    - Check the forums i.e. make a new post, send a pm to yourself etc and browse around, if no issues after the upgrade, enable the forums and enjoy!

Former vBulletin Support Staff
                    Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
                    Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

Just wondering by chance if it is potentially possible to upgrade a live vB site and leaving the database and CMS intact, like one would when upgrading their WordPress installation ? Curious, because with WP, you can leave your DB & CMS intact without backing up, and still be ok, after upgrading the installation to the latest CMS install. Please advise. Thank you.
                      DNN l Drewry l DNN on YouTube l DNN Web Links Library l Twitter

Comment

If the upgrade involves database changes then you need to make them.
                        Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
                        -
                        *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
                        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
                        - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

So it is possible, after backing up your DB and dumping it to your desktop, to upgrade a live site?
                          DNN l Drewry l DNN on YouTube l DNN Web Links Library l Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by DrewryMedia View Post
                            So it is possible, after backing up your DB and dumping it to your desktop, to upgrade a live site?
                            Yes - Although if your just now learning about backups, I recommend you attempt to restore a backup into a /testvb and if the site is able to be restored, you know your backups are being performed correctly .

Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

I am upgrading from v4.1.10 to v.4.1.12
                              I ran the upgrade.php and got the following errors.

Due to the following errors, the install/upgrade can not continue:
                              ·
                              · Following is a list of files that are either missing or contain unexpected contents. The most likely cause is that all of the files from this release have not been properly uploaded. You should resolve this error before continuing.
                              /api.php - File does not contain expected contents
                              /includes /class_friendly_url.php - File does not contain expected contents
                              /includes /init.php - File does not contain expected contents
                              /install /vbulletin-mobile-style-blog.xml - File does not contain expected contents
                              /install /vbulletin-mobile-style.xml - File does not contain expected contents
                              /packages /vbcms /content /phpeval.php - File does not contain expected contents
                              /packages /vbcms /content /staticpage.php - File does not contain expected contents
                              /packages /vbcms /item /content /article.php - File does not contain expected contents
                              /packages /vbcms /item /content /phpeval.php - File does not contain expected contents
                              /packages /vbcms /item /content /staticpage.php - File does not contain expected contents
                              /packages /vbcms /search /result /article.php - File does not contain expected contents
                              /packages /vbcms /search /result /staticpage.php - File does not contain expected contents

What is my next move?

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by TANKSALOT View Post
                                I am upgrading from v4.1.10 to v.4.1.12
                                I ran the upgrade.php and got the following errors.

Due to the following errors, the install/upgrade can not continue:
                                ·
                                · Following is a list of files that are either missing or contain unexpected contents. The most likely cause is that all of the files from this release have not been properly uploaded. You should resolve this error before continuing.
                                /api.php - File does not contain expected contents
                                /includes /class_friendly_url.php - File does not contain expected contents
                                /includes /init.php - File does not contain expected contents
                                /install /vbulletin-mobile-style-blog.xml - File does not contain expected contents
                                /install /vbulletin-mobile-style.xml - File does not contain expected contents
                                /packages /vbcms /content /phpeval.php - File does not contain expected contents
                                /packages /vbcms /content /staticpage.php - File does not contain expected contents
                                /packages /vbcms /item /content /article.php - File does not contain expected contents
                                /packages /vbcms /item /content /phpeval.php - File does not contain expected contents
                                /packages /vbcms /item /content /staticpage.php - File does not contain expected contents
                                /packages /vbcms /search /result /article.php - File does not contain expected contents
                                /packages /vbcms /search /result /staticpage.php - File does not contain expected contents

What is my next move?

Steve
                                Steve,

By some off chance did you choose to patch instead of a full upgrade? See here as to why I'm asking - https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...rum-04-23-2012 the last post by Paul. Let me know if that is not the case and we'll look into this further .

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X