I am getting very annoyed with status icons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] I am getting very annoyed with status icons

After upgrading 3.8.6 to 4.0.6 I have issues with some of the status icons being either corrputed or something and showing image breaks when displaying

Here are just a few:

and plenty more...I have deleted ALL of the images directory, recreated it and FTP'ed them back to the server in a repeat process trying ASCII, AUTO and BINARY transfer modes - they ALWAYS end up up with errors in them or something

It's odd...the ISP has no clue either

Is anyone else having this problem?!!?!?! I am really regretting this upgrade

I am having this issue since 4.0.5 as well.

Comment

Make a new .zip file with just the images you want but retain the directory structure so basically make a folder images/statusicon/all the files inside

Then make the .zip, now go to your forum root and upload the .zip via FTP and now use one of your file managers within cPanel of your hosting control panel to unzip the file right there. This way it bypasses anything that's corrupting it when you upload. That might solve your problem but make sure your accessing the site via FTP correctly including uploading correctly and I mean with the right account not mode as you know about that but make sure the contents are being uploaded by an actual user and not an anonymous FTP because sometimes things happen and it says ohh that file is owned by "nobody" instead of the actual account name who uploaded it. Also make sure there is not a virus or other malicious code within the site that could be causing an issue or corrupting the files.

Former vBulletin Support Staff
      Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
      Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

Originally posted by TheLastSuperman View Post
        Make a new .zip file with just the images you want but retain the directory structure so basically make a folder images/statusicon/all the files inside

Then make the .zip, now go to your forum root and upload the .zip via FTP and now use one of your file managers within cPanel of your hosting control panel to unzip the file right there. This way it bypasses anything that's corrupting it when you upload. That might solve your problem but make sure your accessing the site via FTP correctly including uploading correctly and I mean with the right account not mode as you know about that but make sure the contents are being uploaded by an actual user and not an anonymous FTP because sometimes things happen and it says ohh that file is owned by "nobody" instead of the actual account name who uploaded it. Also make sure there is not a virus or other malicious code within the site that could be causing an issue or corrupting the files.

I will try this right now...thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by TheLastSuperman View Post

Then make the .zip, now go to your forum root and upload the .zip via FTP and now use one of your file managers within cPanel of your hosting control panel to unzip the file right there.
          Well I just tried that and that fixed it!! You tock! :beer: on yah

Comment

Originally posted by Benz0 View Post
            Well I just tried that and that fixed it!! You tock! :beer: on yah
            Meh no beer, I'm a Liquor type of guy.... latelyl I've moved away from my Vodka to Bacardi Rum, smoother imo and less "irritation" in the morning .

I did receive your PM and good luck with determining the culprit!

Former vBulletin Support Staff
            Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
            Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment