Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manually delete these files with 4.0.6 upgrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Suite] Manually delete these files with 4.0.6 upgrade?

On your 4.0.6 release notice it says these were removed:

Removed templates
    • vbcms_content_statichtml_config
    • vbcms_content_statichtml_inline
    • vbcms_content_statichtml_page
    • vbcms_content_statichtml_preview
    • vbcms_searchresult_statichtml
    • vbcms_toolbar_original
    • vbcms_widget_categorynav_page1
    • vbcms_widget_categorynav_page2
    • vbcms_widget_sectionnav_config
    • vbcms_widget_sectionnav_page
    • vbcms_widget_sectionnav_page1
    • vbcms_widget_staticbb_config
    • vbcms_widget_staticbb_page

List of removed files in 4.0.6
    • images/style_generator/c_slider.png
    • images/style_generator/model.png
    • images/style_generator/ui.png
    • packages/vbcms/collection/content/statichtml.php
    • packages/vbcms/content/statichtml.php
    • packages/vbcms/dm/statichtml.php
    • packages/vbcms/item/content/statichtml.php
    • packages/vbcms/item/widget/sectionnav.php
    • packages/vbcms/item/widget/staticbb.php
    • packages/vbcms/search/indexcontroller/cmscomment.php
    • packages/vbcms/search/indexcontroller/statichtml.php
    • packages/vbcms/search/result/cmscomment.php
    • packages/vbcms/search/result/statichtml.php
    • packages/vbcms/search/searchcontroller/newcmscomment.php
    • packages/vbcms/search/searchcontroller/newstatichtml.php
    • packages/vbcms/search/type/cmscomment.php
    • packages/vbcms/search/type/statichtml.php
    • packages/vbcms/widget/sectionnav.php
    • packages/vbcms/widget/staticbb.php
    Will these be deleted automatically during the upgrade or is it something that needs to be done manually via FTP?

The templates should be removed automatically unless you modified one. The files will only be removed if you do a Replace, not a Merge on the folder, or if you remove them manually (this really depends on how you have your ftp client set up).

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Yes, Lynne is right, the templates were gone after the upgrade, but I had to manually remove the files as I don't know how to replace via ftp. I just upload and copy over the old ones.
      vBulletin - Sometimes, I'm just like, Wow, and then I'm like, Whoa, and then I'm like, Damn.

vBulletin.org's ol' Moderator

I have a lifetime terrorist hunting permit - #091101

chmod a+x /bin/laden -- Allows anyone the permission to execute /bin/laden

Comment

Originally posted by Boofo View Post
        Yes, Lynne is right, the templates were gone after the upgrade, but I had to manually remove the files
        Lynne or Boofo, can you clarify this please? So does that mean the files do need to be manually removed via FTP? (for security reasons I don't want old file sitting around in case there is an unknown security exploit in them)

Comment

If your ftp client is not set to remove them (like I said, it depends on how you have your ftp client set up), then you will have to remove them manually if you do not want them there.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
            If your ftp client is not set to remove them (like I said, it depends on how you have your ftp client set up), then you will have to remove them manually if you do not want them there.
            Sorry but I still don't understand what you are saying. Why would my FTP be configured to delete these files automatically? Are you saying normally the vB upgrade will automatically delete these unused files?

Comment

No, the vB Upgrade don't delete any files!

Comment

Originally posted by ragtek View Post
                No, the vB Upgrade don't delete any files!
                That's what I thought. The way Lynne worded it, it came across that it was possibly automatic, or at least that's how it sounded.

If your ftp client is not set to remove them (like I said, it depends on how you have your ftp client set up),
                Why would any FTP client be setup to remove them automatically? I've never heard of that.
                Last edited by ccf; Fri 13 Aug '10, 12:13am.

Comment

New to me too....

is this list of files you need to manually delete special to 4.0.6, or is it something that always comes out?

Is this list comprehensive to 4.0.0 gold? Or do we have now directories of files littered with the shipwrecks of no longer needed php modules....?

Comment

A good way to tell is to look at the date of the files. They should all have the same upload date as the newest version you upgraded to.
                    vBulletin - Sometimes, I'm just like, Wow, and then I'm like, Whoa, and then I'm like, Damn.

Comment

Originally posted by ccf View Post
                      Why would any FTP client be setup to remove them automatically? I've never heard of that.
                      Like I said, it depends on your ftp client. I can set mine to completely reupload the folder and thus remove any files from the folder that aren't in the folder I am replacing it with.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
                        Like I said, it depends on your ftp client. I can set mine to completely reupload the folder and thus remove any files from the folder that aren't in the folder I am replacing it with.
                        What FTP client are you using, may I ask?

Comment

But this can be very dangerous!!!

If you are not able to make "rules" for the comparing & replacing, you could loose important files which are not in the original vb folder (config.php , attachment - sigpicture folders and all the add-on related stuff

My dad did this some time ago^^

Comment

So if I understand Lynne, "completely reupload" is the same as deleting old folder and upload the new one?
                            Confused...

Comment

Wouldn't this procedure work if you are only working with a completely unmodded forum?

Comment