Reverting Back to Older Version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Reverting Back to Older Version

If you updated to the newest version of VB and found out (albeit a little too late) that the new version wasn't compatible with some customizations you've made to your forum, could you upload the necessary files from a previous version, run its update script, and revert your forum back to the version it was on before you updated to the new version? I don't remember ever reading if this was possible or not.

No. You would have to:
    1) Delete your current database
    2) Restore the backup of your database that was made before upgrading
    3) Upload all the files from the previous version.

You should verify that your backup is complete and accurate before performing an upgrade.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Would I have to delete the database altogether or would simply dropping all the tables and their contents and then restoring it suffice?

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph Witchard View Post
        Would I have to delete the database altogether or would simply dropping all the tables and their contents and then restoring it suffice?
        Simply dropping all tables and their contents will be fine. If you run into any problems, give me a shout.
        Xbox Fan-site: www.XboxCommunity.net

Xbox 360 Achievements: www.x360achievements.com

Comment

Thanks for the offer. I'll keep that in mind So after restoring the database and uploading all of the original files, you will not need to run the upgrade script for that particular version of vBulletin that you're going back to?

My test forum is currently running vBulletin 4.0.4 PL1. Do I need to upgrade to version five before I can upgrade to six or will I be able to go straight to six?

Comment

First question: upload the old database, upload the old files; done. (no upgrade required)

2nd: You can go straight from 4.0.4 PL1 to 4.0.6 (Although not released yet)
            Xbox Fan-site: www.XboxCommunity.net

Xbox 360 Achievements: www.x360achievements.com

Comment

Thanks

Comment