X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    ENF

• ENF
    replied
    Excellent, thanks for posting the final result.

Good luck for the future.

Leave a comment:

• anthoneezy

• anthoneezy
    replied
    ok, it works now! i simply re-uploaded the 4.0.5 forum and ran the install script. not sure why this didn't work originally. thanks for the advice.

Leave a comment:

• anthoneezy

• anthoneezy
    replied
    Originally posted by ENF View Post
    If you didn't get any other errors during the upgrade process, then your database is probably fine.

If you are using old files with a newer database, those types of errors can occur.

Curious: What method did you use to backup your old database that would have caused it to be corrupt?
    unfortunately i used phpMyAdmin because telnet access was not available. i was only able to get a proper backup AFTER i attempted the upgrade to 4.0.5 (so the database i'm using now is not the original pre-upgrade 3.8.6 version)

Leave a comment:

• ENF

• ENF
    replied
    If you didn't get any other errors during the upgrade process, then your database is probably fine.

If you are using old files with a newer database, those types of errors can occur.

Curious: What method did you use to backup your old database that would have caused it to be corrupt?

Leave a comment:

• anthoneezy

• anthoneezy
    replied
    Originally posted by ENF View Post
    First off, you can't just use 3.8.6 files with a 4.0.5 database. Doesn't work that way...

Secondly, for the error with 4.0.5 -- it sounds like you didn't upload all of the files correctly (v4.0.5) for the admincp folder. So, please try that again, but I recommend uploading everything again to be sure, not just the admincp folder. Then, flush your browser cache and try that page again.

4.0.5 is relatively clean and that error you are having with it seems to appear with people that had problems uploading the new files and/or browser cache.

Good Luck.
    Well, the database was 3.8.6 originally, and I'm not certain it's 4.0.5 now - because it didn't work with the 4.0.5 forum software...

Is it possible that the database is corrupt for both versions?

However, I'll try uploading the 4.0.5 forum again and clearing my cache. I'll post the database errors that I get (if it they occur again).

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• ENF

• ENF
    replied
    First off, you can't just use 3.8.6 files with a 4.0.5 database. Doesn't work that way...

Secondly, for the error with 4.0.5 -- it sounds like you didn't upload all of the files correctly (v4.0.5) for the admincp folder. So, please try that again, but I recommend uploading everything again to be sure, not just the admincp folder. Then, flush your browser cache and try that page again.

4.0.5 is relatively clean and that error you are having with it seems to appear with people that had problems uploading the new files and/or browser cache.

Good Luck.

Leave a comment:

• anthoneezy

• anthoneezy
    started a topic [Forum] database errors after upgrading

database errors after upgrading

I tried upgrading to 4.0.5 from 3.8.6 a couple days ago, the installation completed but then I noticed the following error in my admincp:

Code:
    Database error in vBulletin 4.0.5:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT COUNT(*) AS count
    	FROM attachment AS attachment
    	INNER JOIN post AS post USING (postid)
    	WHERE attachment.visible = 0;

MySQL Error   : Unknown column 'postid' in 'from clause'
    Error Number  : 1054
    Request Date  : Sunday, July 18th 2010 @ 08:14:56 PM
    Error Date    : Sunday, July 18th 2010 @ 08:14:56 PM
    Script        : http://www.bantcess.com/admincp/index.php?do=home
    Referrer      : http://www.bantcess.com/admincp/
    IP Address    : 76.168.249.69
    Username      : Tgone
    Classname     : vB_Database
    MySQL Version : 5.0.91-community
    After seeing this, I removed the 4.0.5 files and uploaded the old 3.8.6 files. However, it appears that my database was changed by the original upgrade attempt, and now the system thinks I'm running 4.0.5, as seen below when I try to make a new thread:

Code:
    Database error in vBulletin 4.0.5:

Invalid SQL:
    SELECT wordid, title FROM word WHERE title IN ('test','test','test');

MySQL Error   : Table 'bantscom_vbulletin.word' doesn't exist
    Error Number  : 1146
    Request Date  : Sunday, July 18th 2010 @ 08:15:35 PM
    Error Date    : Sunday, July 18th 2010 @ 08:15:35 PM
    Script        : http://www.bantcess.com/newthread.php?do=postthread&f=4
    Referrer      : http://www.bantcess.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=4
    IP Address    : 76.168.249.69
    Username      : Tgone
    Classname     : vB_Database
    MySQL Version : 5.0.91-community
    I've searched around the forums and found people with similar problems, but I can't find a fix. At this point, all I went to do is go back to my original 3.8.6 forum, but my database isn't working with either the 3.8.6 and 4.0.6 software! Unfortunately, I made a backup before I attempted the 4.0.6 upgrade but it's corrupt. Doe anyone have any ideas on how I can repair my database so it works with 3.8.6 again?