Images missing after a 4.0.2 to 4.0.5 upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Suite] Images missing after a 4.0.2 to 4.0.5 upgrade

I've seen some posts about attachments missing, so this could of course be related.

After upgrading from 402 to 405 all images in the CMS articles vanished and left a "Attachment XXX" link leading to an error / invalid message. As admin I can see the images, but normal users cannot. Unable to find anything wrong with the permissions and running out of ideas.

Any ideas anyone?
    Using vBulletin since 2002
    -- Because there is no better

I had this basic issue with 4.0.4, the tech team implemented the 4.0.5 fix onto my site which fixed it for awhile, but now I'm getting it again. Seems the Insert Attachment button doesn't work quite right, I notice that on my pages with this error the "list of attachments" at the bottom of the page is empty. The only way I've found to fix these (even though when I edit the page it has the thumbnails of the images) is to use the attachment manager to re-upload the images and reattach. This really needs to get fixed soon.

Brett
    --
    Velocityxl.com

Comment

It seems they have the same problem on vbulletin.com.

I cannot see any attached images in this article:
      http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/conte...uctions/view/5

Since I am currently upgrading from 4.03 to 4.05, I really hope we don't get the same bug.

Comment

Hmm seems like they didn't even do QC before implementing the upgrade on their live site.

I had the 4.04 image attachment problem and am still holding off the upgrade to 4.05 pending more reports. Am currently on 4.03.

Originally posted by Legionary View Post
        It seems they have the same problem on vbulletin.com.

I cannot see any attached images in this article:
        http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/conte...uctions/view/5

Since I am currently upgrading from 4.03 to 4.05, I really hope we don't get the same bug.

Comment

I upgraded from 4.0.2 to 4.0.5 last week and all of my previous attachments are gone.
          MWGLforums.com - Free Video Guitar Lessons and more!

Comment

guess i'll stick to 4.0.2 for now
            Using vBulletin since 2002
            -- Because there is no better

Comment

Did anyone report this to the Tracker as a bug, yet?
              vBulletin - Sometimes, I'm just like, Wow, and then I'm like, Whoa, and then I'm like, Damn.

vBulletin.org's ol' Moderator

I have a lifetime terrorist hunting permit - #091101

chmod a+x /bin/laden -- Allows anyone the permission to execute /bin/laden

Comment

Originally posted by Boofo View Post
                Did anyone report this to the Tracker as a bug, yet?
                I haven't because I just migrated servers and thought that it was a mistake on our end.

Comment

I would go ahead and make a bug report on it since it seems to be happening here, too.
                  vBulletin - Sometimes, I'm just like, Wow, and then I'm like, Whoa, and then I'm like, Damn.

vBulletin.org's ol' Moderator

I have a lifetime terrorist hunting permit - #091101

chmod a+x /bin/laden -- Allows anyone the permission to execute /bin/laden

Comment

Originally posted by Boofo View Post
                    I would go ahead and make a bug report on it since it seems to be happening here, too.
                    http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-8111

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X