Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Professional Installation post-purchase?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Suite] Professional Installation post-purchase?

Dear vBulletin,

Last year I pre-ordered vBulletin 4.0 Publishing Suite. Due to other commitments I have yet to make use of the licence on my server and now would like to do so. However, after looking at the instructions, I am very uneasy about editing the configuration files and installing it myself.

Even though I didn’t originally purchase it, I noticed that you offer a "Professional Installation" option of the software onto a server. My web space already has an SQL system pre-installed as part of its hosting solution; to prepare for the installation of a CMS, which meets vBulletin’s system requirements. Is it still possible for me to purchase a Professional Installation?
    Hyncharas - AKA Simon Spencer
    Clan Draconus Lupus - Kicking ass for over a decade (8yr Veteran)
    SG-VirtualSeries.com (Founder, Admin, PR Lead)

Yes, this can be purchased separately. To do this, login via the link below:

http://www.vbulletin.com/

Once logged in, click on 'Continue' without selecting any options and you should then see the option for the Professional Installation Service. Simply check the box and continue through the sales/checkout process from there. Following your purchase, you will receive a mail advising on the next steps that you will need to take.
    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -
    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
    - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Thanks, we've now purchased a Pro Installation.

At the moment we are in the process of collecting MySQL information so the installation can begin.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyncharas View Post
        Thanks, we've now purchased a Pro Installation.

At the moment we are in the process of collecting MySQL information so the installation can begin.
        If you provide the login details to your hosting CP then the staff member who will install vb for you, can create himself/herself the MySQL database there. It is quicker that way in my opinion.

And welcome to vB btw

Comment

Ok, couple of things. First, we were told by vB that you couldn't access our webhost and, obviously since then, you have been able to do so without bothering to tell us.

Now there's a login problem with our web space; after being given instructions by them them today that has, apprently, f***** up our access. It will now be 24 hours before we can login properly.... (sighs) hopefully before the week is out we will actually be able to use it!

Comment

ouch, doesn't sound to positive
            for future reference, there is a forum at vbulletin.org (request paid service) might be wise to check that out from now on.
            -- Web Developer for hire
            ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

what basically seems to be happening is a general SQL failure on their servers - they can login from their end, but I cannot access it from the outside. The problem is that if something goes awry and I need to login to phpAdmin, I won't be able to if this is the service I can expect from long-term use. I've already paid over £500 just for some decent web space.

Comment

If I had that sort of service after paying that much, I would ask for a refund and go elsewhere. There's hosts around that will even install vBulletin for free for you, as long as your license is 'active' on here.

Comment

£500 for what, and over what period? That's a hell of a lot if it's shared hosting! If your host are cocking up your account access, you should move on as it probably won't be the last thing they cock up for you! The problem is anyone can setup as a web host these days with out knowing what they are doing. So you need to find a good, genuine host. And I'm very concerned about this £500!

Comment

I'm not going anywhere else - after two hosts I just want to build the community site and get it out there. At this point the longer it stays oflline, the less likely it will ever come back.

Comment

UPDATE: -
                      MY account is now accessible again and I have checked the information your technician originally requested. It has been updated accordingly.

Comment

so the forum works... now all I need to do is build the site with it

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X