No announcement yet.

How long to wait before upgrading to vb4 from 3.8?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Forum] How long to wait before upgrading to vb4 from 3.8?

    I am just wondering when is the best time to actually upgrade to vb4? There seems to be alot of bugs still being worked out etc so I don't want to leave something that is working something that is not.

    So would be be better to wait till the next patch release or 4.0.5 etc, what do you think?
    The Paintball Resource

    Critic My site HERE

  • #2
    Depends on your forum / site really. it looks to me that you will use the CMS? If so then I'd wait longer. I don't think that I will be upgrading my big board to vb4, before vb4.1 is released. There's a few thousand bugs too many ATM.
    vb 3.8 works well. vb4 is simply not ready and the forum hardly provides new features. In fact you will loose profile customisation if you upgrade.
    I buy 420 forums


    widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.