Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Then it would appear to be a good time to fill out a support ticket as we have asked.

Leave a comment:

• canarybreeder
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
    Please note that we have asked you to fill out a support ticket so we could investigate this.

As for that question, did you make a backup of your database before all this started?
    Hi Steve

Yes i did make a back up and also i follow all instructions as requested.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Please note that we have asked you to fill out a support ticket so we could investigate this.

As for that question, did you make a backup of your database before all this started?

Leave a comment:

• canarybreeder
    replied
    What do you mean to restoring from my back up?
    Please explain in more detail as we are not experts .

I do have a full back up from my old forum ( version 3.8.1 ) before upgreading.

Please what do i do next ?

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    Originally posted by canarybreeder View Post
    I am having the same issue upgreading to 4.0.7. Thousands of pictures are missing.

Iam very ungry with evrybody, none of them is trying to help us.

Why then we paid for upgread ?

The only good is that attachmets are in the database. Then what ? I saw them there but then what?

How can we restore them back to the forum?

Anyone pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

If they're stored in the database, have you tried restoring your backup?

Leave a comment:

• canarybreeder
    replied
    I am having the same issue upgreading to 4.0.7. Thousands of pictures are missing.

Iam very ungry with evrybody, none of them is trying to help us.

Why then we paid for upgread ?

The only good is that attachmets are in the database. Then what ? I saw them there but then what?

How can we restore them back to the forum?

Anyone pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Leave a comment:

• bferrell
    replied
    I had this basic issue with 4.0.4, the tech team implemented the 4.0.5 fix onto my site which fixed it for awhile, but now I'm getting it again. Seems the Insert Attachment button doesn't work quite right, I notice that on my pages with this error the "list of attachments" at the bottom of the page is empty. The only way I've found to fix these (even though when I edit the page it has the thumbnails of the images) is to use the attachment manager to re-upload the images and reattach. This really needs to get fixed soon.

Brett

Leave a comment:

• mfnforex
    replied
    Do you advise me to upgrade to 4.0.5 ? I still have attachment problem

Leave a comment:

• ArchAngelz
    replied
    How did you do the patches manually? We merely followed instructions given by VB staff, and if that's broken, I guess we know where the fault lies.

What I did was simple:

1. Upload 4.04PL files
    2. Upload patch files
    3. Ran upgrade script

Result: Attachments disappeared.

Originally posted by wcguy View Post
    I wonder if the patch file contains the wrong code, as per post seven in Frondy's thread?

It would explain a lot, especially the fact that my 4.0.4 isn't broken and everyone else's is, as I did the patches manually.

Leave a comment:

• ArchAngelz
    replied
    Nope, rebuilding doesn't work cos the attachments no longer point to valid ones. For all intents and purposes, the attachments are no longer readable.

Originally posted by melbo View Post
    I haven't taken the vB4 plunge yet but have you gone through the maintenance steps like rebuild ________, etc?

Leave a comment:

• wcguy
    replied
    I wonder if the patch file contains the wrong code, as per post seven in Frondy's thread?

It would explain a lot, especially the fact that my 4.0.4 isn't broken and everyone else's is, as I did the patches manually.

Leave a comment:

• Frondy
    replied
    Same problem...
    It looks like Issue described here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...=1#post1997668

Leave a comment:

• Masterblaster
    replied
    Originally posted by mfnforex View Post
    They should make an announcement (don't update to 4.0.4) on home page of vbulletin.org
    Until now many user don't know this bug
    That's it!!! Sorry but this 4.0.4 is the most horrible crap I have ever seen since I am a vb customer. I am sorry to say that but it's true!

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    Please fill out a support ticket at: http://members.vbulletin.com/members...ontactform.php Please include a complete description of the problem and be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP in the 'Sensitive Data' field.

Leave a comment:

• mfnforex
    replied
    They should make an announcement (don't update to 4.0.4)

They should make an announcement (don't update to 4.0.4) on home page of vbulletin.org
    Until now many user don't know this bug

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X