No announcement yet.

After upgrading from vBulletin 4.0.2 to 4.0.4 all attachments missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had this basic issue with 4.0.4, the tech team implemented the 4.0.5 fix onto my site which fixed it for awhile, but now I'm getting it again. Seems the Insert Attachment button doesn't work quite right, I notice that on my pages with this error the "list of attachments" at the bottom of the page is empty. The only way I've found to fix these (even though when I edit the page it has the thumbnails of the images) is to use the attachment manager to re-upload the images and reattach. This really needs to get fixed soon.

Brett
    --
    Velocityxl.com

Comment

I am having the same issue upgreading to 4.0.7. Thousands of pictures are missing.

Iam very ungry with evrybody, none of them is trying to help us.

Why then we paid for upgread ?

The only good is that attachmets are in the database. Then what ? I saw them there but then what?

How can we restore them back to the forum?

Anyone pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Comment

Originally posted by canarybreeder View Post
        I am having the same issue upgreading to 4.0.7. Thousands of pictures are missing.

Iam very ungry with evrybody, none of them is trying to help us.

Why then we paid for upgread ?

The only good is that attachmets are in the database. Then what ? I saw them there but then what?

How can we restore them back to the forum?

Anyone pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

If they're stored in the database, have you tried restoring your backup?
        Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
        -
        *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
        - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

What do you mean to restoring from my back up?
          Please explain in more detail as we are not experts .

I do have a full back up from my old forum ( version 3.8.1 ) before upgreading.

Please what do i do next ?

Comment

Please note that we have asked you to fill out a support ticket so we could investigate this.

As for that question, did you make a backup of your database before all this started?
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
              Please note that we have asked you to fill out a support ticket so we could investigate this.

As for that question, did you make a backup of your database before all this started?
              Hi Steve

Yes i did make a back up and also i follow all instructions as requested.

Comment

Then it would appear to be a good time to fill out a support ticket as we have asked.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X