Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Suite] Rebuilding search index

I've spent all weekend upgrading my old vbulletin 3.8 forum to 4.0.3

The upgrade went ok - I've got the site running with all new plugins installed etc.. and everything seems fine

However it listed a few jobs in the admincp that needed to be done - one of which was rebuilding the search index

I ran this - and it took well over 48hrs (1.5million posts) - However when it got to the end it just restarted
    I checked an hour ago and it was nearly at the end of the 1.5million - now it's back at 17,500 - going up 250 at a time

So it looks like it got to the end and just started again

My website has been offline now for 2 days running this job - I can't afford to leave it off for 2 more days
    Please can anyone tell me what's gone wrong - and if there is a way to check to see if the search index is ok?

I've tried running some random searches on my site and it seems to work fine *confused*

I've never heard of this happening. You can check the database and see if the searchcore table and searchcore_txt table and see how many rows are in it. If you have all forums set to be indexed (in the Forum Manager), then those tables should have at least as many rows as there are in the post table.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X