Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgrade to v4 produces database errors... forum broke down!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pope Viper
    replied
    One thing I did prior to upgrading my test forum.

- Uninstalled all plugins
    - Deleted any custom styles
    - Ran a suspect file version report, and cleaned that up.
    - Ran this utility to ensure DB cleanliness http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=209890
    - Ran any database optimize/diagnostics.
    - Executed the upgrade.

Leave a comment:

• zandrez
    replied
    Gracias.

Leave a comment:

• ENF
    replied
    Originally posted by ShackMaster View Post
    Once again... I appreciate the help. I have got to get some shut eye now.
    No problem. Sorry I had to duck out there for awhile.

Leave a comment:

• ShackMaster
    replied
    Once again... I appreciate the help. I have got to get some shut eye now.

Leave a comment:

• JamesAB
    replied
    That mySQL error is from some old vB3.8 based code because vB4 does not have 'visible' in the attachment table.

Look at your plugins in the AdminCP to see if there is anything listed that is not under Product : vBulletin Blog or Product : vBulletin CMS
    AdminCP -> Plugins & Products -> Plugin Manager

Leave a comment:

• ShackMaster
    replied
    The old style from 3.8 was still showing up in the styles list and was showing incompatible, so I figure I would just delete it. I could not see where we would need it. After doing this, it seems now all is working fine. Wow! The things you have to do to make this work right. I have two other forums and frankly I am not sure I can go through upgrading those. This one is small in comparison to one of my others.

Leave a comment:

• ShackMaster
    replied
    Originally posted by ENF View Post
    Well, I've never had these problems personally with VB4 - not sure why your install is giving you so many problems.

You'll need to disable plugins via config.php again to get back into the AdminCP.

That top error, about the navbar_moderation template, could you take a look at that inside in AdminCP? I don't have this template in my current VB4.0.3 site. (or maybe I'm missing it somewhere)
    Lucky you...

I do not have that template, so not sure where that is coming from.

Now... if I take the line from config.php that disables hooks... I can still access admincp, but I get this error trying to access the site...

Database error in vBulletin 4.0.3:

Invalid SQL:
    SELECT COUNT(*) AS count FROM attachment WHERE visible = 0;

MySQL Error : Unknown column 'visible' in 'where clause'
    Error Number : 1054
    Request Date : Thursday, May 13th 2010 @ 03:27:48 AM
    Error Date : Thursday, May 13th 2010 @ 03:27:48 AM
    Script : http://www.bibletruthforums.com/forum.php
    Referrer : http://www.bibletruthforums.com/admi...ex.php?do=head
    IP Address : 75.120.77.51
    Username : broSonnie
    Classname : vB_Database_MySQLi
    MySQL Version : 5.0.90-community

Leave a comment:

• ShackMaster
    replied
    Yes... hooks are now disabled in config.php... I just added that back so that I can get into admincp.

I do not know what 3.8 code could be trying to execute... there is none anywhere.

I don't understand why the developers would create it to where it would be so incompatible with previous versions. Makes zero sense.

Leave a comment:

• ENF
    replied
    I'm not abandoning you, I have to attend a 4:30pm meeting at work (in 5 minutes). I'll check back here agian later, hopefully James can assist you further.

Leave a comment:

• JamesAB
    replied
    That first fetch_template warning indicates that older 3.8 code is trying to be executed.

I've only seen this with 3rd party modifications or project tools. Are your hooks disabled in the config.php file right now?

Leave a comment:

• ENF
    replied
    Well, I've never had these problems personally with VB4 - not sure why your install is giving you so many problems.

You'll need to disable plugins via config.php again to get back into the AdminCP.

That top error, about the navbar_moderation template, could you take a look at that inside in AdminCP? I don't have this template in my current VB4.0.3 site. (or maybe I'm missing it somewhere)

Leave a comment:

• ShackMaster
    replied
    lol... did I say how ridiculous this is? No wonder there are fifty-eleven gazillion complaints about vB 4...

Now I can't login to admincp and get this error:

vBulletin Message

Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
    File: /home/bible4u/public_html/includes/class_core.php
    Line: 4495

Leave a comment:

• ShackMaster
    replied
    Originally posted by ENF View Post
    Let's start with the CMS:

1) Open up: AdminCP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products [Disable anything not vBulletin, vBulletin Blog, vBulletin CMS]
    2) Goto the vBulletin CMS Line and choose "Uninstall"
    3) After the Uninstall process, any errors? If so, what errors come up?
    4) Now, click on [Add/Import Product]
    5) In the Import XML from your server enter this: ./includes/xml/product-vbcms.xml (for blogs: product-vbblog.xml)
    6) Allow Overwrite: Yes (just in case)
    7) Click Import

Note any errors and report back here.

Edit: It may be a good idea to delete any tables related to the CMS and it may be a wise idea to do the same for the blogs as well.

Did all this and reinstalled the CMS... it appears to be working, but I get this error when loading the forum:

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: navbar_moderation in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 3957

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in [path]/includes/class_bootstrap.php(1269) : eval()'d code on line 71

Leave a comment:

• ShackMaster
    replied
    Originally posted by JamesAB View Post
    I hate to back paddle, but I'm concerned that something went wrong there.

When you look at the database in phpMyAdmin now, do you have the cms_node and cms_permissions tables?
    There are no cms tables at all... so no it did not get installed for whatever reasons.

Leave a comment:

• ENF
    replied
    Let's start with the CMS:

1) Open up: AdminCP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products [Disable anything not vBulletin, vBulletin Blog, vBulletin CMS]
    2) Goto the vBulletin CMS Line and choose "Uninstall"
    3) After the Uninstall process, any errors? If so, what errors come up?
    4) Now, click on [Add/Import Product]
    5) In the Import XML from your server enter this: ./includes/xml/product-vbcms.xml (for blogs: product-vbblog.xml)
    6) Allow Overwrite: Yes (just in case)
    7) Click Import

Note any errors and report back here.

Edit: It may be a good idea to delete any tables related to the CMS and it may be a wise idea to do the same for the blogs as well.
    Last edited by ENF; Wed 12 May '10, 11:05pm.

Leave a comment: