A "How To"...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Suite] A "How To"...

I can successfully install/upgrade my 3.8.5 to 4.0.x....forum wise.....

Can someone please point me to a link on where/how to install the whole deal? Just like here on vb.com...with the Home, Forum buttons in the navbar? I can't seem to find a step by step on how to set up the suite part of the install..

thank you...I know this is a sdtupid question to ask....but Im getting frustrated trying to search thru threads!!

lol

-thank you!!!!!!!!

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/content.php
    born to fish forced to work

Comment

Did you purchase the Suite and download the Suite package or the Forums Only?

If you've installed the Suite and can't see the tabs, have you got the plugin system disabled in config.php? If so, disable all Products except the vBulletin Blog and vBulletin CMS (Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Disable) AND uncheck all the plugins except those related to the vBulletin Blog and vBulletin CMS by (Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Plugin Manager). You must do BOTH of those steps in order to disable all non vBulletin Modifications before removing the line from config.php.
      Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
      -
      *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
      - Highlight the correct navigation tab when you are on a custom page
      - "Quick Route" Interface...
      - Allow to use custom icons for individual forums

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
        Did you purchase the Suite and download the Suite package or the Forums Only?

If you've installed the Suite and can't see the tabs, have you got the plugin system disabled in config.php? If so, disable all Products except the vBulletin Blog and vBulletin CMS (Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Disable) AND uncheck all the plugins except those related to the vBulletin Blog and vBulletin CMS by (Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Plugin Manager). You must do BOTH of those steps in order to disable all non vBulletin Modifications before removing the line from config.php.
        I downloaded the Suite Package....I have it all there. I upgraded from 3.8.4 to 4.0.2 once and got it working fine....but I couldn't get the Suite to show up when you go to www.mysite.com. Now, if you went to www.mysite.com/forum it would take you to the forum....so somewhere you'll have to edit the index.php file correct?

I'm just confused....I shouldn't be.....but I am...lol...

Comment

Originally posted by newsman View Post
          I upgraded from 3.8.4 to 4.0.2 once and got it working fine....but I couldn't get the Suite to show up when you go to www.mysite.com. Now, if you went to www.mysite.com/forum it would take you to the forum....so somewhere you'll have to edit the index.php file correct?
          Did you upload the files to / or /forum?

If the latter, that's why nothing shows up at /, because you didn't upload anything to it.
          My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
          vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

If you've disabled hooks in your config.php file, the Home and Blog buttons won't show up. Make sure you've deleted all non-vB4 plugins then remove that line (if it's there) and they will appear.
            Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
            -
            *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
            - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
            - Highlight the correct navigation tab when you are on a custom page
            - "Quick Route" Interface...
            - Allow to use custom icons for individual forums

Comment

this is prolly where I messed up last time.I closed the forum, but I didnt disable the plug ins. I also have vba installed so my index files are all messed up. So im gonna have to disable vba, get a regular vb forum going, with an htaccess changing site.com to site.com/forum right? Cause I have my vb installed in a folder called "Forum" (Like most other vb installs are).

I had vb install my first forum, and thats how they did it...so I just followed what they did..lol..

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
              If you've disabled hooks in your config.php file, the Home and Blog buttons won't show up. Make sure you've deleted all non-vB4 plugins then remove that line (if it's there) and they will appear.

Comment

So im gonna have to disable vba, get a regular vb forum going, with an htaccess changing site.com to site.com/forum right? Cause I have my vb installed in a folder called "Forum" (Like most other vb installs are).
                Assuming you have changed your mind about wanting this, then yes.

but I couldn't get the Suite to show up when you go to www.mysite.com.
                vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

ok...

So i upgraded the whole package. Disabled the plugins....got rid of vba....and I still get no homepage button.

I get the CMS, but no "Home" button up top. If you go to www.mysite.com you get nothing...the htaccess doesnt work. If you go to mysite.com/forum you end up at the cms page, but only with "Forum" and "Whats New" buttons on top.

can someone help?

Comment

ok...

So i upgraded the whole package. Disabled the plugins....got rid of vba....and I still get no homepage button.

I get the CMS, but no "Home" button up top. If you go to www.mysite.com you get nothing...the htaccess doesnt work. If you go to mysite.com/forum you end up at the cms page, but only with "Forum" and "Whats New" buttons on top.

can someone help?
                    As I mentioned a few times, you can't expect to upload everything to /forum and then go to / and have something appear. Thats one issue.

The other one, the missing tabs one, is just because you haven't enabled Products after the upgrade. CMS and Blogs are Products that need to be active for their buttons to show.

Comment

ok...so im starting fresh. I deleted the whole thing, and I am going to reinstall the whole thing from scratch. (there was like nothing there worth saving anyways).

So...whats my best route on installing vb4. Into a folder called "Forum" like in the past? Or should I just upload everything right into the mail page on the host?

Comment

So...whats my best route on installing vb4. Into a folder called "Forum" like in the past? Or should I just upload everything right into the mail page on the host?
                        What do you want the path to the site to be? blah.com/forum.php or blah.com/Forum/forum.php ?

Whatever you choose to upload it to, that will be the path. At a guess, you want to upload it all to / (public_html/your web root).

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                          What do you want the path to the site to be? blah.com/forum.php or blah.com/Forum/forum.php ?

Whatever you choose to upload it to, that will be the path. At a guess, you want to upload it all to / (public_html/your web root).
                          yea thats where it was blah.com/forum/forum.php

so how am I gonna get my home cms page as blah.com? - thats been my question all along.

Comment

I feel like I am running out of ways to say this..

If you want something to show up in /forum, upload to /forum.

If you want something to show up in / , upload to /.

Comment

i feel like im running out of ways to explain my question.

Nevermind....I'm sticking with 3.8.5...i know it well....

thank you for all your help.

newsman-

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X