Clear All

• o.b.
    replied
    i been trying to do that for two days

Leave a comment:

• borbole
    replied
    Originally posted by o.b. View Post
    lol im sorry man, i am not a good computer guy. i dont know how to do screen shots,

i was just trying to install it into a new directory named forums???
    After you do enter the correct db info at the config.php file inside the "includes" folder, upload the "upload" folder inside the vb package inside your public_html or /www/ folder with a ftp program, rename it forum and then call the install.php file from the browser and follow the instructions.

Leave a comment:

• o.b.
    replied
    im talking with siteground now, i might just have them install it for me

Leave a comment:

• o.b.
    replied
    lol im sorry man, i am not a good computer guy. i dont know how to do screen shots,

i was just trying to install it into a new directory named forums???

Leave a comment:

• bensmom
    replied
    The online installation manual was a great help to me.
    I made it to the step where it says to type your domain name in a browser and then the vbulletin license information will come up. I got that far and then received an error message about the wrong php being used. Have you made it that far in the installation manual?

I know this seems silly, but since my hosting company failed to register my domain names, anything is possible.

Maybe you can go to a whois search and make sure your domain names have been purchased.
    Confirm that the nameservers are named correctly.

Leave a comment:

• borbole
    replied
    i used godaddy ftp to upload the extracted files to my server
    I meant in what structure did you upload the files in your server. Can you make a screenshot of it and post it here?

Also, in what url to you want to install vb? At your root or in another folder?

Leave a comment:

• o.b.
    replied
    i used godaddy ftp to upload the extracted files to my server

Leave a comment:

• bensmom
    replied
    Thank you

barbole - thanks. You are correct about the information here. I have been reading. Learning. I will get the hang of this.

o.b. - I thought I was uploading my files incorrectly. In fact, I hired the vbulletin support team to do a professional installation. Turns out when I ordered my new hosting service and purchase of domain names from hosting.com, hosting.com forgot to purchase my domain names. I should have been able to figure that out. Then after my domain names were purchased, the upload did not work because hosting.com did not have the current version of php. Problem after problem with this hosting company.

I have moved to a new hosting company who has experience with vbulletin and should be up and running soon.

Thanks for making me feel welcome here. I appreciate all the time and experience members are sharing here and I'll be around for a while.

Leave a comment:

• borbole
    replied
    Originally posted by bensmom View Post
    Thanks ENF. I will be seeking help on this forum and have already found it to be very helpful. My host does have mysql and php configured.
    I have heard about mysql and php before and set about learning how to use it. The internet information I am reading might as well be in a different language.
    I could pay someone to maintain my website, but I like to have control. So with a little luck and investing time in learning how to use vbulletin like a pro, I will be hanging around here and thank you guys in advance for my dumb questions.
    These forums her are like a goldmine with info. You will get the hang of it pretty soon. The only thing you need is patience and willing to learn. And welocme to vb btw

i have the same problem, i uploaded all the files to my server, created the msql, and when i try to run the install nothing happens at all? Sorry to thread jack, but i cant post a new thread.
    In what structure did you upload the files?

Leave a comment:

• o.b.
    replied
    i have the same problem, i uploaded all the files to my server, created the msql, and when i try to run the install nothing happens at all? Sorry to thread jack, but i cant post a new thread.

Leave a comment:

• bensmom
    replied
    newbie/control freak

Thanks ENF. I will be seeking help on this forum and have already found it to be very helpful. My host does have mysql and php configured.
    I have heard about mysql and php before and set about learning how to use it. The internet information I am reading might as well be in a different language.
    I could pay someone to maintain my website, but I like to have control. So with a little luck and investing time in learning how to use vbulletin like a pro, I will be hanging around here and thank you guys in advance for my dumb questions.

Leave a comment:

• bensmom
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ENF
    replied
    thank you for putting up with an unknowledgeable pain.
    No worries. Everyone has to start somewhere.

As for the knowledge to maintain a vBulletin site, you don't need to have a very in depth knowledge of MySQL or PHP. Your host should have MySQL and PHP configured for you and it would just a matter of setting up the conifg.php on your end for vBulletin. Having the expanded knowledge of MySQL/PHP certainly does help in the long run, but just getting started you can get assistance from the vBulletin community in the meantime.

Good Luck.

Leave a comment:

• bensmom
    replied
    Thanks ENF. I wasn't aware that I could not request paid services here. I apologize.
    I will learn how to use vbulletin, php, mysql, etc.
    I'll read, read, and read some more.

I hope to attain a level where I can understand what you guys are talking about.
    there will be a day where I come back here and read a few of my first posts and laugh at myself.

thank you for putting up with an unknowledgeable pain.

Leave a comment:

• ENF
    replied
    Thank you.
    Are there members who install vbulletin for a fee?
    How can I find a trusted member to do this for me?
    Technically, you can't request paid services here. vBulletin's support team does offer professional installation for a fee. (Which you can order from the members area) There are a lot of very helpful and trustworthy members here that may have the time to help you.

Leave a comment: