X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• borbole
    replied
    Originally posted by o.b. View Post
    worst fears confirmed, they installed vb on the domain, and nothing was transfered over, how do i go about importing all the threads from smf, keep in mind, vb is up and running on my url??
    Are both forums, the one you are converting from (smf) and vb installed at the same db? For more info on how to convert, you really need to read the readme file inside the impex system.

Or have a look at these links, same thing.

For a HOWTO go here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116398

For a Manual go here :

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex

Also, all the questions related to the conversion should be posted at the Impex forum.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...-Import-System

Leave a comment:

• o.b.
    replied
    worst fears confirmed, they installed vb on the domain, and nothing was transfered over, how do i go about importing all the threads from smf, keep in mind, vb is up and running on my url??

Leave a comment:

• borbole
    replied
    could i import mysql from a different server?
    Yes.

Leave a comment:

• o.b.
    replied
    could i import mysql from a different server?

Leave a comment:

• borbole
    replied
    oh great how do you do that lol
    Do you mean the test forum or the converion to vb? About the test forum, install a smf forum to a test folder/subdomain using a new database, then export the db of your main forum and import it to that of the test one and update all the paths, settings etc. Then read the readme file inside the Impex System on how to do the conversion.

Leave a comment:

• o.b.
    replied
    oh great how do you do that lol

Leave a comment:

• borbole
    replied
    ok that was pretty painless

I am nervous about the impex transfer though
    Don''t be. All you have to do is as I said above, read/follow the instructions of the readme file inside the Impex system package and you should be all set.

The conversion won''t touch your original forum (smf) in any way, shape or form even if it fails. So there is no reason to be nervous. However it will be best to make a copy of your smf forum to a test folder and convert that first. So that you can get the hang of it before importing your main forum.

Leave a comment:

• o.b.
    replied
    ok that was pretty painless

I am nervous about the impex transfer though

Leave a comment:

• borbole
    replied
    Hey Thanks Brobole,

I think im just going to switch to siteground, let them install vb for me, and transfer my url over there too. THey will put vb on a sub domain until i can import the data. Does this sound like a viable plan to you?
    Whatever works out for you o.b

Leave a comment:

• o.b.
    replied
    Hey Thanks Brobole,

I think im just going to switch to siteground, let them install vb for me, and transfer my url over there too. THey will put vb on a sub domain until i can import the data. Does this sound like a viable plan to you?

Leave a comment:

• borbole
    replied
    let me ask you guys this, say i have siteground transfer my domain, and they install the vb for me. i have a smf forum now that i want to upgrade to vb, how hard is it to import the data from the smf mysql to vb??
    It is not that hard. All you have to do is read/follow the instructions of the readme file inside the Impex system package and you should be all set.

Leave a comment:

• o.b.
    replied
    let me ask you guys this, say i have siteground transfer my domain, and they install the vb for me. i have a smf forum now that i want to upgrade to vb, how hard is it to import the data from the smf mysql to vb??

Leave a comment:

• o.b.
    replied
    ^^ yes i did, i created mysql, edited config.php, uploaded the upload files,

i go to run the insta/instal/.php thing, and nothing happens at all

Leave a comment:

• borbole
    replied
    i been trying to do that for two days
    And what is it exactly that you have problems with?

P.s. Did you create the db first at the MySql section at the CP of your host?

Leave a comment:

• borbole
    replied
    im talking with siteground now, i might just have them install it for me
    Ah ok. Let us knw how it will go.

Leave a comment: