Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changes were automatically merged into this template -admin cp warning clairificaiton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAS forum
    replied
    "Changes were automatically merged into this template" got me also. I had to search to see if anyone else had this listed after the upgrade to see if it was indeed telling me I had to manually make the changes even though the "automatically merged" text was shown.

Everything seems to be fine, but I wanted to double check

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    If the merges are unsuccessful, there is a message in red to advise that the templates could not be merged.

EDIT: See this Blog entry:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/entry...Way-Comparison
    Last edited by Trevor Hannant; Sun 26th Sep '10, 4:49am.

Leave a comment:

• scorpio24
    replied
    Originally posted by wptavern View Post
    It's now September 2010 and it looks like this behaviour is still present within the software. I too just recently upgraded to 4.0.7 and I get this awesome warning message that templates need to be updated. When I visit the page, I see this Changes were automatically merged into this template and from what I can tell, the forum works correctly. But with the warning presented after upgrade, I always find myself wondering if I'm ok or not. Perhaps the warning message can be presented if template merges were unsuccessful.
    Same thing here...do we dismiss the warning?

Leave a comment:

• wptavern
    replied
    It's now September 2010 and it looks like this behaviour is still present within the software. I too just recently upgraded to 4.0.7 and I get this awesome warning message that templates need to be updated. When I visit the page, I see this Changes were automatically merged into this template and from what I can tell, the forum works correctly. But with the warning presented after upgrade, I always find myself wondering if I'm ok or not. Perhaps the warning message can be presented if template merges were unsuccessful.

Leave a comment:

• Regs
    replied
    I'll add my vote to some sort of clarification needed.

Leave a comment:

• Michlerish
    replied
    I got this "warning" too, and was equally confused... leading me to find this thread. Definitely should be clarified.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    I'll pass that on although you could raise a bug for it as it would likely need one recorded for work allocation purposes.

Leave a comment:

• gorman
    replied
    Well, I just wish to point out that the messages are contraddicting and confusing. Couldn't they be clarified somehow?

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    While the system has successfully merged templates, I think it's always useful to check that the merges have been successful to your needs - it's certainly something I've done since the introduction of this system.

Leave a comment:

• Changes were automatically merged into this template -admin cp warning clairificaiton

Just ran the upgrade from 4.02pl4 to 4.03 and must say it was very smooth.

One minor point of clarification I found confusing though:

In the admin control panel home it warns:
    Originally posted by vbulletin 4.03
    There are currently 11 customized template(s) that need to be updated or reverted. Some sections of vBulletin may not function if you do not do this!
    However when you click the link there the following page then says next to each of the 11
    Originally posted by vbulletin 4.03
    Default Template Updated in vBulletin 4.0.3 by Jelsoft
    Your Custom Template Last Edited in vBulletin 4.0.3 by System
    Changes were automatically merged into this template
    It appears that the template change merge during the upgrade worked a charm. However, it appears the control panel front page warning expresses some distrust for whether it really worked correctly.

Can the merges be trusted if giving the yellow success message?