No announcement yet.

Building Search Index Null Types...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Building Search Index Null Types...

This is taking like 3 hours....how much longer is this going to take ?

You guys should of put a warning or something on it...even for medium sized forums.

We only have like 500,000 posts..

What if my ISP connection drops ? I'm gonna have to start all friggin over again... you guys should really put safegaurds in place for things like this..

(upgrading from 3.8.4 to 4.0.3....and running the Build Search Index task.....currently at 182,000 )

4 hours now.... up to 325,000

Comment

anybody alive out there??? Is this going to take 12 hours ?

Comment

Probably too late, but maybe helpful for others:
        http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=240126

(Though I fear this would still be way too slow for big boards - wehn I got time i'll through smth. together that skips the indexe and handels the data with SQL only)

Comment

Originally posted by Andreas View Post
          Probably too late, but maybe helpful for others:
          http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=240126

(Though I fear this would still be way too slow for big boards - wehn I got time i'll through smth. together that skips the indexe and handels the data with SQL only)

What does the number refer to though ? I'm up to 500,000 now...and I have around that many posts.. Does the number reflect upon totals posts on a forum ?

Comment

Does anyone know if it is required to leave the forums off while this process completes? we're at 1.34 million so far... it's been going for 6-7 hours... Or, can the board be live during the remainder of the process...

Thanks.

Comment

You should be able to leave the board live during this time.
              Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
              -
              *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
              - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
              - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X