From pl2 to pl3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] From pl2 to pl3

It stops at the first step and goes no farther...
    vBulletin 4.0.2 Security Patch
    • Altering user Table (1 of 1)

Completed

Same here and then I look at the CMS and see the attachments are all screwed up now.

Code:
    Here's a quick Visual Guide on how Manage Sections in the new CMS. {B]1.  Editing a Section:  [/B]If you have permissions to manage a  Section, as you hover over the Section title, a pencil icon will  display. {ATTACH=CONFIG]37536[/ATTACH] After clicking the pencil icon, you will be taken to the Section Edit  page.  Here's what you will see:{B]  2.  Section Name:[/B]  Enter the Section Name {B]3.  SEO URL Alias:[/B]  This is the SEO Friendly URL.  By default, if  this is blank, the system will automatically copy the section title. {B]4.  Section Layout: [/B] For each section you can define an  individual section layout.    			...
    See all the bbcodes.
    I ran all the update counters etc..., still no joy.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

PS. Had to use {

Comment

Where is PL3? It's not in my member area.

Just PL2.

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Steinberg View Post
        Where is PL3? It's not in my member area.

Just PL2.
        It was pulled. It was causing more problems than it was fixing and since the Vb team has yet to respond to the problems, 2498739839034259 posts have been made all describing the same problem.

Comment

Originally posted by wrx1 View Post
          It was pulled. It was causing more problems than it was fixing and since the Vb team has yet to respond to the problems, 2498739839034259 posts have been made all describing the same problem.
          man why do i always install then read the forums :>
          me so dumb

Comment

Gentlemen (Ladies?),

I just installed PL3 thinking that the latest update was best. Now I can't access my test site. Is one of the errors the inability to access your site? Is there any way of recovering and reverting back to PL2? Is there a brief summary of the problems anywhere?

Thanks,

Dan.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Clark View Post
              Gentlemen (Ladies?),

I just installed PL3 thinking that the latest update was best. Now I can't access my test site. Is one of the errors the inability to access your site? Is there any way of recovering and reverting back to PL2? Is there a brief summary of the problems anywhere?

Thanks,

Dan.
              password not working Dan ?

Comment

It shocks me that the updates (especially security updates) are doing more harm than good to my site. It's at the point where I dont even want to do them!!! Now my CMS is all fck'd up and I'm sick and tired of making excuses to my members tat are getting fed up! Now after installed PL 3 they pull it off this site? UGH. Every upgrade and patch has screwed up my site. When we went from 3.8 to 4.x we were down for days. When we applied the first patch our entire site was so scewed up. Then when we went to 4.02, it messed up our site so bad that we had to go back to the default style. I cannot tell you the long hours we put in changing the forum to our liking and now all that work is GONE! Now when we go to PL3 our entire CMS is messed up!

This software should seriously be put back into BETA TESTING mode.

Comment

Originally posted by c.c. View Post
                  It shocks me that the updates (especially security updates) are doing more harm than good to my site. It's at the point where I dont even want to do them!!! Now my CMS is all fck'd up and I'm sick and tired of making excuses to my members tat are getting fed up! Now after installed PL 3 they pull it off this site? UGH. Every upgrade and patch has screwed up my site. When we went from 3.8 to 4.x we were down for days. When we applied the first patch our entire site was so scewed up. Then when we went to 4.02, it messed up our site so bad that we had to go back to the default style. I cannot tell you the long hours we put in changing the forum to our liking and now all that work is GONE! Now when we go to PL3 our entire CMS is messed up!

Amen.

Comment

Originally posted by c.c. View Post

why dont you do a backup first before upgrade? if something messed up, just restore it.

in here.. i never had a problem with upgrading the forum, including the patch.

Comment

@c.c. ~ If you have so many problems during upgrades and changes, then you really should create a test site to try things before you merge them into your live site. If you do put as much work into your site as you say you do, then if I were you, I'd never install/upgrade something without doing it on a test site first. Does not matter if the thing you are installing comes from the makers of the software or not. Lastly, it is absolute best practice to backup everything before installing a patch or an upgrade.
                      To be updated...

Comment

PL4 is now out, see announcement forum.

Comment

Originally posted by ENF View Post
                          @c.c. ~ If you have so many problems during upgrades and changes, then you really should create a test site to try things before you merge them into your live site. If you do put as much work into your site as you say you do, then if I were you, I'd never install/upgrade something without doing it on a test site first. Does not matter if the thing you are installing comes from the makers of the software or not. Lastly, it is absolute best practice to backup everything before installing a patch or an upgrade.
                          Winner winner chicken dinner.

Russ

Comment

Originally posted by harleyparts View Post
                            password not working Dan ?
                            Harley,

Nothing to do with password. The site became inaccessable - completely. The URL never returned a web page. When I reverted to PL1, it worked fine. It was PL3.

At this point, I don't trust any new patch level until I feel comfortable that the vBulletin team has tested this adequately. I'll upgrade my test servers when a new bug fix release comes out maybe 4.0.3 or whatever.

Regards,

Dan.

Comment

PL4 has fixed my issue.

Thanks Guy's,

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X