Problem upgrading to 4.02 from 4.0.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Problem upgrading to 4.02 from 4.0.0

I copied the upgrade files from the ZIP into the correct directories, and everything completely broke. Even the admin panel wouldn't open, but it did work in another tab that I already had open so I could shut my forum down.

The error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method vB_Input_Cleaner::utf8_clean() in /home/content/k/i/m/kimianjeff/html/forum/includes/class_friendly_url.php on line 552

I copied the original files back in and have it working as 4.0.0, but did I mess something up in the installation of the files, or is there something not working in them?

I should note that I did not upload the whole package, just the five files into the includes and vb/legacy directories. I am not running any plug-ins. It's a pretty vanilla forum.
    http://www.waylandenews.com/forum
    Last edited by kreichelt; Tue 23 Feb '10, 9:26am. Reason: to add final sentence with more detail

I thought the instructions were pretty clear that the 5 files were only a patch from 4.0.2 to 4.0.2 PL1. If you're not already at 4.0.2 you need to do a complete upgrade.
    My VB forum: BMWRA

Comment

Great, thanks! Yes, I feel dumb, but I really didn't see instructions anywhere. Easy to find instructions to upgrade TO 4.x from 3.x or earlier, but I didn't see anything anywhere about upgrades within the 4.0 family. Where was I supposed to have seen that?

[Oops, a closer look at my Admin Dashboard reveals the answer. OK, I do feel really dumb now. Thanks for the help!!]

Comment

So if I spent a month customizing 4.0.1, I have to redo everything?

Originally posted by AntonLargiader View Post
        I thought the instructions were pretty clear that the 5 files were only a patch from 4.0.2 to 4.0.2 PL1. If you're not already at 4.0.2 you need to do a complete upgrade.

Comment

You can download the style & images... I just did it and it's not so time consuming.

Goodluck!
          Please vote for:
          - Lightbox for all uploads
          - Attachment permissions for unregistered users

Comment

I make all the style changes from the xml then upload, import. Kinda sucks as I renamed files and such and did some mods in some files. Renamed admin/mod sections etc... oh what fun this should be.

Originally posted by chriske View Post
            You can download the style & images... I just did it and it's not so time consuming.

Goodluck!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X