• Show
Clear All

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    Nope, you should be fine now.

Leave a comment:

• YZFRydn
    replied
    Setting the CSS files to no fixed my problem. Do I need to rerun anything if I did that during the middle of the install? Basically, if happened, I logged into admincp changed it, and the rest of the upgrade went smoothly. Did that screw anything up?

Leave a comment:

• trifletraxor
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael Biddle View Post
    Nope. Not being able to store CSS as files impacts on both SEO and performance.

SGL.

Leave a comment:

• msimonds
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael Biddle View Post
    I understand, however, I feel it is time to move forward as opposed to dwelling on the past.
    I agree that we need to move forward, but how can you move forward when every time you take that step to move forward, you trip over something like an upgrade script. I would not call this step the past at all, this is the new version and just happened, so it is current.

Leave a comment:

• THE__DRIFTER
    replied
    Well, I have to say I am very disappointed. I weighed the options for vB and IPB. The software for 4.0 is inadequate at best and to gain any real functionality you need to rely on the community to create and update everything from plugins on down. I am looking back and feel I have made a great mistake investing money that is hard earned for something that is not put together as well as free forum software; hell you can't even update anything without your site blowing up. Oh well, live and learn I suppose...

Leave a comment:

• Michael Biddle
    replied
    Originally posted by msimonds View Post
    Yes that temporary fix does work, but that is not my point Michael. This has never happened in the past and this is not the first issue with the 4.* version.... I think that this is just terrible and the old vb management would never have let this happen or any of the other bugs.
    I understand, however, I feel it is time to move forward as opposed to dwelling on the past.

Leave a comment:

• Frondy
    replied
    Originally posted by msimonds View Post
    This is just horrific in my opinion vb dev team. I know that all of you are busy and that you held off on releasing this version, but this is a bug that should not happen. I have never run into any errors with the VB upgrade process, never in the past. I do not understand what is going on with the development team these days and it is a shame. In my opinion VB 4 is complete crap, if I could downgrade without loosing any of my new data, I would. VB 4.0 is not production ready at all and honestly that is a shame. Internet Brands is ruining this great product and I wish I could personally change it. I am sorry if this upsets some of the members and the development team, I know that you all bust your rears to release these upgrades to the public.

~Mike
    Absolutely agree with your post...

Leave a comment:

• msimonds
    replied
    Yes that temporary fix does work, but that is not my point Michael. This has never happened in the past and this is not the first issue with the 4.* version.... I think that this is just terrible and the old vb management would never have let this happen or any of the other bugs.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Biddle
    replied
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/proje...?issueid=36279

Does that fix it?

Leave a comment:

• msimonds
    replied
    This is just horrific in my opinion vb dev team. I know that all of you are busy and that you held off on releasing this version, but this is a bug that should not happen. I have never run into any errors with the VB upgrade process, never in the past. I do not understand what is going on with the development team these days and it is a shame. In my opinion VB 4 is complete crap, if I could downgrade without loosing any of my new data, I would. VB 4.0 is not production ready at all and honestly that is a shame. Internet Brands is ruining this great product and I wish I could personally change it. I am sorry if this upsets some of the members and the development team, I know that you all bust your rears to release these upgrades to the public.

~Mike

Leave a comment:

• cmeinck
    replied
    Do I need to run the upgrade again? I had these errors on both sites that I ugpraded to 4.0.2. Will this simply be fixed in 4.0.3 or can we get a patch.

Leave a comment:

• ceho
    replied
    Confirmed.

Leave a comment:

• trifletraxor
    replied
    I've reported this as a bug. Please confirm the bug in the bug tracker if you experience the same issue:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/proje...?issueid=36472

SGL.

Leave a comment:

• trifletraxor
    replied
    Disabling the css as files is sort of a "fix", but impacts on SEO and performance.

SGL.

Leave a comment:

• ceho
    replied
    Same for me. All products, plugins and other styles were uninstalled before the upgrade :-(. It doesn't seem to have an impact on the running forum, but I feel very uncomfortable to have such an issue during the upgrade process! Any ideas how to fix that?

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X