error in updrade step 5 to vb 4.0.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by msimonds View Post
    Yes that temporary fix does work, but that is not my point Michael. This has never happened in the past and this is not the first issue with the 4.* version.... I think that this is just terrible and the old vb management would never have let this happen or any of the other bugs.
    I understand, however, I feel it is time to move forward as opposed to dwelling on the past.
    Michael Biddle - Follow me on Twitter!

Comment

Well, I have to say I am very disappointed. I weighed the options for vB and IPB. The software for 4.0 is inadequate at best and to gain any real functionality you need to rely on the community to create and update everything from plugins on down. I am looking back and feel I have made a great mistake investing money that is hard earned for something that is not put together as well as free forum software; hell you can't even update anything without your site blowing up. Oh well, live and learn I suppose...

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Biddle View Post
        I understand, however, I feel it is time to move forward as opposed to dwelling on the past.
        I agree that we need to move forward, but how can you move forward when every time you take that step to move forward, you trip over something like an upgrade script. I would not call this step the past at all, this is the new version and just happened, so it is current.
        Founder

http://www.sportsrant.com

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Biddle View Post
          Nope. Not being able to store CSS as files impacts on both SEO and performance.

SGL.

Comment

Setting the CSS files to no fixed my problem. Do I need to rerun anything if I did that during the middle of the install? Basically, if happened, I logged into admincp changed it, and the rest of the upgrade went smoothly. Did that screw anything up?

Comment

Nope, you should be fine now.
              Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
              -
              *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
              - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
              - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X